Reports to: Director of Communications
Supervises: Digital Communications Coordinator
Position status: Full time, permanent (37.5 hours/week)
Location: Toronto, ON
Start date: November, 2019
Salary: Level C on the MSF-Canada salary grid, starting salary $64, 308
MSF is one of the world’s leading independent international medical relief organizations, working in more than 70 countries worldwide and with operational centers and national offices in 19 countries. We launch our operations in areas where there is no medical infrastructure or where the existing one cannot withstand the pressure to which it is subjected.
The Communications Department works with all other MSF Canada departments, and collaborates with other MSF offices around the world. The Communications Department provides production and support services to these partners, yet has its own objectives of achieving visibility by disseminating information about MSF across mass-media, on the web and via social media platforms. Increasingly, the Communications Department seeks to not only broadcast information, but to engage audiences in ongoing discourse related to humanitarian issues, current events, operational transparency, and organizational accountability. The Communications Department disseminates stories about returned field workers, as well as news stories, photos and videos from the more than 70 countries where MSF works.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Digital Communications Officer (DCO) will develop and manage the overall design, strategic implementation and maintenance of MSF Canada’s website and social media presence by initiating and implement strategies to support the objectives of communications, fundraising, advocacy, and HR recruitment for effective engagement with varied audiences in response to MSF Canada goals.
Specifically, the DCO will lead the overall strategic use of all MSF Canada digital platforms (website, social media, mobile) and technical development on MSF Canada’s website and social media channels. The DCO works closely with the Editor and Audio-visual Officer in content creation; as well as with other colleagues on digital campaigns. The DCO is responsible for posting web & social content and develop relevant dissemination strategies, as well as collect, analyze and report on web and social media analytics. The DCO also manages the monitoring of social media for the movement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Including, but not limited to:
- Strategy & Leadership – Leads and oversees the management of the websites including the development of web strategy in collaboration with multi-departmental goals; Develop and implement plans for improving the impact that social media, mobile and digital channels and tools have in delivering MSF Canada messages to various audiences
- Digital/Social Media – Oversees content posting and strategic use of MSF Canada social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIN, Facebook, etc.);
- Website management and development – Continually develops MSF Canada’s bilingual website (English and French) in collaboration with other MSF Canada departmental goals
For a complete job description, please CLICK HERE!
Education and experience
- Undergraduate degree in digital communications/communications management/website management/ or an appropriate combination of training and progressive work experience;
- 3-5 years’ experience in website design, content management, and back-end server administration;
- Strong analytics, technical contract oversight, and content production for web and social media;
- Proven experience in developing and delivery of user-centric web experiences;
- Experienced in digital social engagement, online campaign development and implementation, and online collaboration;
- Good working knowledge of multimedia production software tools such as: Adobe Creative Suite CS5 or above (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Acrobat Pro, InDesign, etc), Soundslides Plus, Final Cut Pro;
- SEO, SEM, Google Analytics, search engine marketing (Google Adwords) and social media marketing and monitoring tools.
Skills and competencies
- Deep knowledge of website strategy development and social media engagement tools and channels;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Excellent communications and presentation skills with attention to detail;
- Strong capability to manage multiple projects on an on-going basis, with minimal supervision, limited resources and in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience managing or leading digital teams;
- Creative yet pragmatic and proactive approach to problem solving and decision-making;
- Positive and collaborative team player, with a client-centric approach and the ability to serve a wide range of needs for a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Fluency in English essential and French very desirable.
- Familiarity/prior experience with international humanitarian NGOs a definite asset.
5-10 % includes short trips in Canada and occasional international travel
Benefits include access to a generous Health Spending Account, Group Insurance, RRSP contributions – based on employment status, Long-term / Short-term Disability, starting 4 weeks’ vacation/year, Flexible work hours, Relocation packages based on eligibility, Professional development budget, Employee Assistance Program, and a positive and innovative office culture grounded in our core values of humanity, integrity and results.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION:
- To apply, please follow this link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- If you wish to apply for this position, please specify (on the application form and in your motivation letter) that you saw it on vacanciesincanada.ca
Please be sure to include three (3) references and a letter of motivation as a part of your application.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, 25 September, 2019, 9:00 AM, EDT.
Only electronic applications will be accepted.
NOTE: Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Canada to be considered. We thank you for your interest; please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF Canada is a people-focused humanitarian organization that is proud to offer a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We strongly believe this approach enhances our work and we’re committed to equity in employment. The organization seeks to attract and engage the best professionals to join and maintain meaningful, productive and lasting work relationships. We embrace diverse motivations and backgrounds of people working together to exhibit their passion in action for the social mission of MSF.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, or women.
Note: Applicants who have questions regarding accommodation and accessibility can send questions/concerns to Phone: 1-800-982-7903 ext: 3454.
- Address 551 Adelaide St W, Toronto, ON , M5V 0N8
- Salary Offer $64, 308 $ $64, 308 Month