Join our team. Unleash your full potential. Defy Normal.
Director, Technology Operations
|Organization:||Plan International Canada|
|Reports to:||VP, Information & Technology|
|Location:||Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton Ave East)|
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
- Set the mission and vision of the Technology Operations team focused on ensuring business success and a mindset of continuous service improvements.
- Act as a trusted advisor; build and maintain relationships with other technology leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensuring costeffective delivery of technical services to meet those needs and respond with agility to address changing business priorities.
- Own and deliver against the infrastructure and security strategy which will include partial or full migration to the cloud with the support of internal and external resources.
- Provide leadership to the Technology Operations team, consisting of resources focused on:
Infrastructure & Security, Network Administration, Database Administration, Office 365 Administration, and Service Desk
- Be accountable for Plan International Canada’s IT security; participate in designing and managing a security strategy and assess projects and vendor solutions with a focus on security and compliance.
- This position works across all functional areas of the organization to reproduce and resolve customer issues, achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Create and maintain IT Disaster Recovery infrastructure and documentation, ensuring systems and applications are adequately protected according to agreed upon SLAs. Schedule, run, and report on Annual Disaster Recovery tests.
What does success look like?
- A leader, providing strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of technology systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations, technology service support, IT security, and IT disaster recovery procedures and plans.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Extensive experience with cloud ecosystems (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform) and migrating enterprise from traditional on-premise/ data centre infrastructure to hybrid or fullycloud enabled architecture.
- An expert understanding of IT security frameworks and ability to assess the overall security risks to the organization’s infrastructure; providing mitigation recommendations to reduce identified risks.
- An understanding of IT and payment card standards and how to implement systems and processes to ensure standards are met.
- Deep technical knowledge of server hardware, operating systems, network switches, routers, firewalls, wireless and other technologies.
- Proven experience leading a team that maintains infrastructure security, reduces threat profile, and secures vulnerabilities using best practices.
- In-depth expertise leading an operational support framework across a hybrid model of on prem and cloud-based solutions.
- Strong vendor management experience.
- Familiarity with call centre technology and accompanying systems is an asset.
How to apply:
- To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by January 5, 2019. Please reference Director, Technology Operations in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!
- Address 245 Eglinton Ave E #300, Toronto, ON $ Month