GENDER EQUALITY ADVISOR, FULL TIME, PERMANENT, TORONTO
(This is covered under CUPE Bargaining Unit)
Save the Children Canada is a member of Save the Children International, a federation that works in more than 120 countries worldwide delivering programs focused on health and nutrition, education, child protection, child poverty, humanitarian response, and child rights governance. As the world’s leading independent organization for children, Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development, and participation. We live our values every day– Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Reporting to the Senior Gender Equality Advisor and working closely with a team of technical advisors and program officers/managers within the International Programs Team, this position will support the implementation of gender-sensitive and gender-transformative development and humanitarian projects in order to ensure the successful delivery of quality programs that respond to the specific needs of children, girls and boys, challenge discriminatory gender norms and reduce gender-based barriers to the realisation of the equal rights of women and girls, and of all children.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Support the organization in the implementation of Save the Children’s Gender Equality Policy
· Provide high quality technical assistance to diverse teams across the organization, including program delivery teams, building a solid evidence base for the implementation of gender-transformative approaches
· Support business development, leveraging technical expertise and project learnings from Save the Children projects to develop concept notes and proposals in partnership with Country Offices and Resource Development & Business Development teams
· Support execution of advocacy strategy to influence policy changes and resource mobilization, including producing high quality thought leadership materials and leading positioning activities such as representation at industry panels, presentations to donors, participation in external practitioner networks and global Working Groups
· Support Country Offices in the design, testing and evaluation of innovations to advance quality gender-transformative programming
· Lead/support the development of new tools and resources to support Save the Children staff in promoting gender equality across our programs, advocacy, partnerships and operations.
· Support the development, implementation and evaluation of capacity strengthening plans with Country Offices and local partners to design and implement quality gender-transformative programs
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
· Master degree in Gender and Women’s Studies, International Development/Relations or related field, or equivalent training/experience
· 6 -9 years’ field work experience implementing, managing, and/or providing technical assistance to programs in developing countries with a focus on gender equality; focus on child and youth programming desirable
· Successful proposal development track record, with prior experience with Canadian government-funded projects; knowledge of Global Affairs Canada policies and procedures; knowledge of Results-Based Management (RBM) approach
· Proven experience with gender-transformative child rights programming in areas of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Livelihoods, Maternal, Newborn and Child Heath, and/or Education
· Experience in working as a Gender Equality Advisor in humanitarian contexts is considered an asset
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to develop strong working relationships across cultural and organizational boundaries with internal and external stakeholders, and managing through influence
· Ability to synthesize and develop high-quality knowledge products from diverse data sources including programmatic materials and tools
· Proficiency in French or Arabic considered a strong asset
· Ability to travel internationally, several weeks per year
· Demonstrates strong commitment to Save the Children’s Mission, Vision and Values
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
· Must adhere to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding policy and protocols
HOW TO APPLY:
- If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to [email protected]by September 2nd, 2019, with subject heading “Gender Equality Advisor” We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. While self-identifying Indigenous candidates will be given preference, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you discovered this posting.
- Address 4141 Yonge St #300, North York, ON $ Month