|Organization:||Plan International Canada|
|Reports to:||Senior Manager, Brand and Content Strategy|
|Location:||Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton)|
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged.
We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
As the Manager, Brand and Content Strategy you will strive to establish Plan International Canada as a bold thought leader by ensuring that its approach to achieving gender equality, its innovative, evidence-based programming and its work to ignite a youth-led movement are effectively supported and incorporated into its brand identity and storytelling. The Manager, Brand and Content Strategy plays a critical role in unleashing the power of Plan International Canada’s content and staff to build brand awareness and familiarity, strengthen thought leadership, and drive financial and non-financial actions.
The successful candidate will play a lead role in a team of content creation experts, alongside a Coordinator and Graphic Designers, by helping to deliver the training, tools, resources, and quality assurance to ensure cohesive and compelling storytelling of the Master Brand. The successful candidate will help create a comprehensive understanding of the Master Brand identity and Content Strategy, by staff and external vendors.
What does success look like?
- Support the Senior Manager, Content Strategy in delivering organizational storytelling strategy
- Support brand and narrative messaging development
- Support the delivery of holistic brand training, review and advisement processes, as well as integrated editorial planning process and service tools, such as ticketing system
- Deliver brand and narrative training to staff and stakeholders
- Manage Integrated Editorial Planning Process, ensuring that teams from across the organization are aligned on messaging, content development and strategy
- Develop strong messaging that guides the organization’s storytelling in both upper and lower funnel
- Serve as a brand champion, contributing to a clear organizational understanding of Plan’s internal and external voice and brand identity
- Ensure that storytelling is infused with programmatic rigor, accurately reflecting Plan International Canada’s work and impact around the world
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- An aptitude for storytelling and developing creative ways to deliver brand messaging with superior written and verbal communication, particularly in the realm of gender equality, human rights and international development
- A keen eye for detail demonstrated through impeccable editing and proofreading abilities
- A strong understanding of gender equality, human rights and international development
- Strong writing skills, with demonstrated experience developing tailored content designed to engage and motivate audiences
- High comfort level with public speaking, with experience presenting complex content to diverse audiences
- A flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with diverse and high-performing teams and individuals; thriving in a fast-paced, evolving work culture
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex information in an accessible way for a nontechnical audience
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, innovation, creativity, and initiative coupled with strong organizational skills
- Experience managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
- A collaborative, solution-oriented approach with the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team in a matrix environment
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or a related discipline
- Additional training in group facilitation, training development, change management and/ or project management is an asset
- Bilingualism in French is an asset
How to apply:
- To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills, experience and salary expectations to [email protected] by November 17, 2019. Please reference Manager, Brand and Content Strategy, in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where you saw this posting.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!
- Address 245 Eglinton Ave E #300, Toronto, ON $ Month