The Canadian Women’s Foundation is a national leader in the movement for gender equality in Canada. Through funding, research, advocacy, and knowledge sharing, the Foundation works to achieve systemic change that includes all women. By supporting community programs, the Foundation empowers women and girls to move themselves out of violence, out of poverty, and into confidence and leadership.
Launched in 1991 to address a critical need for philanthropy focused on women, the Canadian Women’s Foundation is one of the largest women’s foundations in the world. With the support of donors, the Foundation has raised more than $90 million and funded over 1,900 programs across the country. These programs focus on addressing the root causes of the most critical issues and helping women and girls who face the greatest barriers.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Finance and Operations, providing support in the areas of reception, office services, human resources, and accounting. The Office Administrator also provides orientation, support and advice to staff to help ensure understanding of and adherence to HR and administrative procedures in keeping with regulations and Foundation established processes, as well as be the initial point of contact for all phone, email and letter queries.
This is a 6-months contract position, with a possibility of becoming permanent.
Office Administration – 60%
- Provide Reception support (answer general phone inquiries, provide referral for callers looking for service support, direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members, reply to general information requests with accurate information, answer and refer general inbox email, greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner)
- Provide administrative support to projects and activities during peak time
- Assist setting up rooms and technology for meetings
- Sorting and filing
- Manage monthly Health & Safety Inspection
- Order office supplies
- Arrange couriers, manage daily mail
- Call for service on equipment as needed
- Create procedure manual pages for common tasks, and update manual as needed
- Create and update support documents as needed
Human Resources Administration – 20%
- Prepare documentation for new employees ensuring compliance with the Foundation’s staff policies as well as with employment federal and provincial legislations
- Coordinate and manage the administration of human resource related activities, including but not limited to, maintaining personnel files, preparing and posting of job advertisements, and coordinating onboarding and exiting
- Maintain leave record and prepare individual reports as requested
- Maintain employee files to required standards ensuring records are up to date and available
- Provide assistance in monitoring performance appraisal process
Accounting Support – 20%
- Manage corporate credit cards and rewards programs, including statement reconciliations
- Assist in month end reconciliation
- Back up for accounting department
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or Certificate related to relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive responsibility and experience in a similar position, non-profit environment preferred
- Experience in human resources management would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience in client and stakeholder customer service
- Exposure to accounting would be considered an asset
- Bilingualism (English and French) would be considered an asset
- Office Administration experience
- Excellent problem-solving, mathematical and analytical skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects, adopt new technology
- High proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of recruitment process
- Knowledge of provincial legislation on Employment Standards and Human Rights
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment, including phone and voice messaging system, photo copier, fax, postage meter
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, planning and writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience of dealing with work of a confidential and sensitive nature
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to be resourceful and calm when dealing with requests for support and referrals from external callers
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and switch tasks
- reprioritize workload and switch tasks
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Salary: $22 – $24/hour
Work hours: 35/week (Monday – Friday)
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is committed to equity in employment and seeks to attract, select, and hire a diverse team with a high level of professional skills, passion for and belief in our vision and mission.
- Qualified applicants are invited to submit an electronic resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format as a single file. Please use “Office Administrator – your name” as the subject line of your email.
- If interested, please send your resume to [email protected] by September 15, 2019.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this posting.
No inquiries please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 1920 Yonge St., Suite 302 Toronto, ON
- Salary Offer $22 - $24/hour $ $22 - $24/hour Month