MANAGER PHILANTHROPY – CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS
(1-YEAR CONTRACT POSITION)
Come and join our amazing team as we work towards gender equality in Canada!
The Canadian Women’s Foundation has an exceptional opportunity for the position of Manager Philanthropy – Corporate Partnerships, with the possibility of extension and/or a full-time permanent position.
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is a national leader in the movement for gender equality in Canada. Through funding, research, advocacy, and knowledge sharing, the Foundation works to achieve systemic change that includes all women. By supporting community programs, the Foundation empowers women and girls to move themselves out of violence, out of poverty, and into confidence and leadership.
Launched in 1991 to address a critical need for philanthropy focused on women, the Canadian Women’s
Foundation is one of the largest women’s foundations in the world. With the support of donors, the Foundation has raised more than $90 million and funded over 1,900 programs across the country. These programs focus on addressing the root causes of the most critical issues and helping women and girls who face the greatest barriers.
The Manager Philanthropy – Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for identification, cultivation and solicitation of new corporate donors as well as managing a portfolio of current corporate partners to grow and deepen donor relationships that enable sustainable funding. The position reports to the Vice-President of Philanthropy.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit new corporate gifts in collaboration with Foundation staff and volunteers;
- Manage and steward own portfolio of corporate partnerships ranging from $1,000 to over $100,000/year;
- Manage own prospect lists and ensure activity is being tracked;
- Oversee sponsorship for the Foundation’s annual fundraiser, including securing new sponsors, renewal, and ensuring timely stewardship post-event
- Identify and develop strategies to enhance and deepen corporate partnerships including employee engagement activities, stewardship and partner events, cause related marketing opportunities, online fundraising initiatives, sponsorship opportunities that align with the Foundation’s capabilities and the company’s goals;
- Participate in the development team’s yearly operational and budget planning and goal setting;
- Collaborate with Program and Marketing teams to ensure alignment of corporate giving and development of actionable strategies that will maximize the partnership for the Foundation and the company;
In addition, the successful candidate must understand and perform duties according to the values of the office and work in a manner that will move forward the organization’s mission. Candidates must be exceptional team players, collaborative and handle all information ethically, accurately and confidentially.
- University degree or relevant post-secondary education
- 5 + years experience in corporate fundraising
- Demonstrated track record in corporate gift and solicitation activity
- Demonstrated experience with cause-related marketing partnerships
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with donors, prospects, co-workers and volunteers
- Solution-oriented with a positive outlook
- Proficiency in Raisers Edge NXT, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Volunteer management experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a diverse workload
- Experience with a national organization and/or women’s issues is an asset
- Commitment to women’s equality
- Fluency in English required and working knowledge of French is considered an asset
We offer an excellent benefits package and a fantastic work environment. This is a position where you can put your multi-tasking skills to good use and grow in a fast-paced feminist team environment. Salary range is $55K-$70K
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is committed to equity in employment and seeks to attract, select, and hire a diverse team with a high level of professional skills, passion for and belief in our vision and mission.
- Please email your resume quoting reference #PH-001, with a cover letter to: [email protected]. Your resumes should be submitted no later than November 12, 2019. No phone calls please.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where you saw this posting.
We thank all who have expressed interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 1920 Yonge St., Suite 302, Toronto, Ontario $ Month