COSTI REQUIRES RELIEF WORKERS FOR ITS
RALPH CHIODO FAMILY IMMIGRANT RECEPTION CENTRE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI,
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Ralph Chiodo Family Immigrant Reception Centre services are provided in a twenty-four hour, seven days a week residential setting which is a temporary home to up to 100 clients
This is a non-Union contract position scheduled to work variable hours on need basis to cover Evenings and Overnights
Monday to Friday can be 5:00 pm to 11:00pm (hours can be variable)
Weekend Evenings from 3:00pm to 11:00pm (hours can be variable)
(Overnight from 11:00pm to 07:00am)
- Responsible for the delivery of programs/orientation and counseling services to residents.
- Responsible for the provision of interpretation/translation services.
- Responsible for the intake/admission, pre-departure services and check-out of residents.
- Responsible for the operation of the Centre, which includes responding to emergency situations.
- Responsible for office duties such as answering telephones.
- Performs housekeeping and kitchen duties.
- Community college diploma in community work/human services or equivalent.
- Experience working with newcomers and refugees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Verbal and written English is required. Preference will be given to those who speak any of the following languages: Arabic, Dari/Farsi, Somali, Amharic, Tigrigna, Spanish, French and Urdu
- Previous experience with interpretation/translation considered an asset.
- Sensitive to the needs and issues facing newcomers.
LOCATION: 100 Lippincott Street, Toronto
DURATION: December 16, 2019 to March 31, 2020
STARTING SALARY: $14.64 per hour
POSTING DATE: November 27, 2019
CLOSING DATE: December 10, 2019
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters,
quoting reference #122-19, to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Email: [email protected] Fax: 416-658-6590
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this posting.
- Address 1710 Dufferin StreetToronto, Ontario
- Salary Offer $14.64 per hour $ $14.64 per hour Month