Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Director, Program Management & Compliance
Location: Toronto or Ottawa (up to 40% international travel annually)
Status: Full-time, permanent
Contact level: A
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for the quality implementation of a diversified multi-million dollar grant portfolio financed by a variety of institutional donors, including Global Affairs Canada. The incumbent will bring proven leadership and program management experience working in an international development context.
The Senior Program Manager position has people leadership as a core competency; the individual is accountable for a team and is directly responsible for the management of that team and portfolio. The role includes full accountability for recruitment, hiring, setting performance expectations, and managing performance.
What does success look like?
- Leading a team of program management professionals, ensures workloads are well balanced, roles and responsibilities are clear, and a positive team environment is fostered
- Ensuring all grants in the portfolio have start-up and subsequent annual workplans and corresponding budgets which are developed in a participatory manner with field colleagues and subject matter technical experts at Plan International Canada
- Ensuring workplans are developed within a results framework and receive appropriate donor approval
- Providing financial oversight to the grant’s portfolio including analysis, review and oversight of relevant budgets and financial reporting
- Ensuring all grants are regularly monitored against standard Program Management KPIs for timely identification and mitigation of potential risks to implementation
- Working with the Program Effectiveness team, ensure all grants in the portfolio have a mechanism for regular monitoring and reporting of results including coordination of project evaluations and contributions to Plan International’s knowledge management
- Fostering & maintaining strong relationships with key partners including Plan International Country / Regional colleagues and other implementing partners
- Maintaining a standard of excellence in all donor reporting and donor relationships
- Organizing forums to share successes and program learnings with donors, partners and peers
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Fluency in oral and written English and French
- Proven leadership and people management skills
- Extensive experience managing grant funded international development programs; some of which should have been gained overseas, preferably in the West Africa region
- Solid understanding of compliance requirements of donor government agencies such as GAC; Development Banks and other multilateral agencies and charitable organizations / foundations
- Superior skills in building productive working relationships with team colleagues, field offices, donors and partners and in promoting and maintaining a collaborative working environment
- Demonstrated competency with gender transformative, rights-based programming and monitoring and evaluation systems
- Skilled in budget development, reporting & monitoring
- Flexible approach to dealing with ambiguity
- Experience in managing large grants in a consortium setting and using a multi-stakeholder approach is considered an asset
- Exceptional cross-cultural, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to travel internationally to any of Plan International’s Program Countries
How to apply:
- To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by September 29, 2019. Please reference Senior Program Manager, Bilingual (French/ English) in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this posting.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!
- Address 245 Eglinton Ave E #300, Toronto, ON $ Month