Join our team. Unleash your full potential. Defy Normal.
Vice president, Technology and digital
|Organization:||Plan International Canada|
|Reports to:||Chief Operating Officer (COO)|
|Location:||Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton Avenue East)|
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
The VP, Technology and Digital is a transformational role, leading the execution of the enterprisewide digital and technology strategy, ensuring its alignment with Plan International Canada’s business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve our ambitious goals for growth.
Plan International Canada has committed to invest in our digital future. We are looking for a proven leader who can drive digital transformation and business growth through innovation and technological implementation while continuing to deliver reliable technology and data services.
As a member of the Executive Management team, you will be a key contributor to Plan International Canada’s strategy and planning process, forging productive relationships with all business unit leaders, and a highly engaged and experienced Board of Directors. You will act as a true partner and make technology and data a business enabler. Understanding that a cornerstone of digital transformation is data driven behaviour, you will apply your experience in managing large data sets and building analytic capability across an enterprise.
We are looking for an experienced technology and digital leader who:
- Possesses robust knowledge in emerging technologies, and the ability to apply these in the service of our key business goals;
- Has demonstrated experience leading complex, major change initiatives;
- Holds an entrepreneurial mindset; able and interested to pursue new business opportunities;
- Possesses exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving abilities and tenacity.
What does success look like? Key Outcomes:
Set Strategic Direction
- Work with COO and Executive leadership to build on, and execute against, an enterprise Digital and Technology strategy and roadmap that will enable Plan International Canada to effectively and efficiently scale to meet our ambitious goals, be innovative, agile insights driven, and customer centric.
- Provide strategic direction in the IT organization’s innovation efforts and plays a key role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of those opportunities in the fulfillment of the digital business strategy of the enterprise.
Collaborate with and Enable Enterprise
- Collaborate with Executive leadership, business partners, and international colleagues, to execute the digital business strategy – our Digital Donor Journey and continue progress towards becoming a digital workplace.
- Establish trusted relationships with other Executives and Business Unit leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensure cost-effective delivery of services to meet those needs and responds with agility to changing priorities.
Lead and Enable a Thriving Technology and Digital Team
- Set the mission and vision of the department to foster business and customer-oriented culture and mindset.
- Build the next generation of leaders and provides coaching and direction to the team.
- Drive and enable digital and technological innovation.
Deliver Services and Products, focused on Maximizing Value of Investments
- Establish an effective balance between growing the agility required to achieve digital business objectives while ensuring the core “run the business” functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
- Provide direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of systems, technology programs and digital products including enterprise architecture management, application management, security and risk management, and infrastructure and operations support management.
- Develop, controls, and optimizes capital and operating budget to maximize value of technology and digital investments.
- Oversee sourcing decisions and scalable vendor management processes.
- Oversee the development of appropriate governance frameworks and mechanisms for the effective use of information and technology to create value and manage risk.
How to apply:
- To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team, please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by September 15, 2019. Please reference VP, Technology and Digital in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this posting.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!
- Address 245 Eglinton Ave East Suite 300 Toronto, Ontario $ Month