Communications Specialist, Shared Platform
Reports to Director of Communications and Marketing
Salary range is $52,500 – $60,000
Permanent Full-Time position Vancouver or Toronto (Preference for Vancouver)
Tides Canada is dedicated to a healthy environment, social equity, and economic prosperity for all Canadians.
Are you passionate about the environment and a just Canadian society? Do you have a background in communications, and a passion for storytelling, internal communication and community building? If so, the Communications Specialist, Shared Platform position at Tides Canada is for you.
We are looking for a creative, passionate and innovative individual for this role. As a member of both the Marketing and Communications team and the Shared Platform team, the role of the Communications Specialist includes providing strong internal communications support to 150 Tides Canada Project staff, reinforcing a culture of storytelling and ensuring that both the internal and external communications needs of the Shared Platform community are met.
Primary duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the creation of a communications strategy for the Shared Platform department, from conducting communications research (identifying target audiences, etc.) through to implementation Create, edit, and manage engaging content across a wide range of communications channels with emphasis on identifying and supporting opportunities for project to project sharing and collaboration
- Ensure cohesive and consistent messaging/ brand voice across the Shared Platform
- Source feedback from project staff which includes managing the full cycle of the annual employee satisfaction survey
- Develop communications plans to accompany change management initiatives with a focus on ‘closing the loop’ by reporting back on outcomes to internal audiences
- Lead the development of Shared Platform training materials and resources with input from in-house experts e.g. webinars, slide decks, videos, step-by-step guides etc.
- Market and promote the Shared Platform to internal and external audiences by: o Creating and managing a Shared Platform newsletter
- Creating and promoting project activities and success stories through social media, e-news and other Tides Canada channels
- Building an image library, story bank, and testimonial records for external communications o Pursuing opportunities for speaking opportunities, podcasts, conferences, media outreach etc.
- Contribute to logistical and administrative duties of the Marketing and Communication team: o Organize department events (primarily online; webinars, townhalls, etc.) o Coordinate brand resources
- As time and interest allow, participate in working groups and committees
- Actively participate in both Shared Platform and Marketing and Communications team annual planning
Ideal Candidate Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years relevant work experience and a degree in a related field e.g. marketing, communications, etc.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage competing demands and deadlines
- Graphic design and layout experience with Photoshop and InDesign is an asset
- Salesforce experience is an asset
- Familiarity with adult education, Pop Education, or similar is an asset
- Quick learner, positive and solutions-oriented attitude, entrepreneurial and collaborative, strong listener, ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to time manage and prioritize across multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
- Robust copywriting abilities across channels and tones from casual to professional
- Strong grasp on both operational/systems thinking and creative/audience-centric thinking
About Tides Canada
From Canada’s big cities to its remote land, waters, and rural communities, Tides Canada provides uncommon solutions for the common good. Our mission is to help Canadians secure a healthy environment in ways that promote social equity and economic prosperity. As a national charity, Tides Canada recognizes the complex environmental and social problems that we face in Canada today. That’s why we provide strategy, expertise, and tools to ensure changemakers can get from vision to impact. We partner with a growing movement of philanthropists, foundations, businesses, and governments to accelerate and amplify positive change. From our shared platform, which enables a community of projects to share important administrative resources so more time and money goes towards impact, to our strategic programs that deliver sophisticated grantmaking strategies in partnership with donors and local communities. We work to accelerate positive change and achieve greater impact across the country by bringing giving, investing, and doing under a single roof. Tides Canada is the partner for change. Join us in building a better Canada.
We are working hard to build a Tides Canada team that reflects the communities we serve; the diversity this brings makes us stronger as an organization and more effective in what we do. We continue to focus on diversifying our team and embedding inclusion across all we do.
Staff Benefits: Our benefits package includes health and dental insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, transit reimbursement, RRSP contribution, committed colleagues, a culture of innovation, and the sense of accomplishment that comes from helping to create a more just and sustainable world. Working at Tides Canada means working with a team of passionate, hard-working professionals. We strive to build a workplace which celebrates diversity, individuality and inclusion and promotes a respectful working environment.
Applying for the Position
- Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by September 23, 2019. In your cover letter please share what you think makes you an ideal candidate for this role and why our mission is so compelling to you. We are committed to accommodating applicants’ needs throughout the selection process. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this posting.
Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in the position. Those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
- Address 163 W Hastings St #400, Vancouver, BC
- Salary Offer $52,500 – $60,000 $ $52,500 – $60,000 Month