|Title: Fundraising Event Coordinator
Status: Part-time, 2-month contract
The Events Coordinator will take the lead in all aspects of organizing and executing our third annual fundraising event, to be held at Heritage Hall in Vancouver on Monday, November 4, 2019.
The temporary position will start in mid September and during the first week of November. The job requires 2 days a week in September; 3 days a week for the first four weeks of October; 5 days a week in the last week of October and first week of November.
- Act as the main lead in organizing and executing the event.
- Coordinate the entire team, including fundraising committee, core staff members, and volunteers.
- Oversee all event logistics, including venue, AV, catering, supplies, decorations, raffle and/or silent auction, and cash bar.
- Communicate with ticket holders, table hosts, sponsors, and vendors via telephone, regular mail and/or email.
Fundraising Team Coordination
- Organize regular meetings of core staff dedicated to identifying priorities and providing updates; and, take minutes of the discussion.
- Ensure that tasks are completed according to plans and/or decisions taken at meetings. Follow through on any delays or backlogs.
- Provide team members with updates and relevant information on issues that may arise.
Volunteer recruitment, coordination, and supervision
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers and/or support to assist with event execution.
- Identify and assign tasks to volunteers as deem fit.
- Facilitate volunteers’ meeting/orientation prior to the event.
- Help meet event registration, ticket sales, and sponsorship targets.
- Support team with their fundraising efforts and ensure they’re up-to-date on event details.
- Keep donation tracker current.
- Follow-up on individual- organization-corporate pledges and liaise with team regarding invoicing and/or collection.
- Collect organizational/corporate logos.
- Ensure proper acknowledgment of all sponsors in print and digital promotional materials.
Silent Auction / Raffle
- Pending decision taken by the commitment, take the lead in the collection of or facilitation of the collection of items for silent auction or raffle draw.
- Process the items for display at the event and ensure that donors receive items.
- Prepare thank you letter to donors.
- Provide support in content creation, design, proof editing and printing of event materials both in print and digital forms.
- As requested, post fundraising collateral on social media
- Conceptualize and draft the flow and content of the program and share with team for input.
- Coordinate with honoree or a representative re. program suggestions or ideas.
- Reach out to potential speakers/presenters/roasters on an ad hoc basis.
- Draft and coordinate running script of evening program with team input.
- Facilitate post-event evaluation with team.
- Create post-event evaluation metrics as a basis for final evaluation with team.
- Draft the final report with income statement and result of the team evaluation.
- Prepare thank-you letters to supporters, donors, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Send out a digital thank-you email blast to all guests with links to photos, etc.
- Liaise with photographer and collect pictures for posting on social media.
Skills & Qualifications
- At least two year’s experience in event coordination role and/or with event production
- Post-secondary education in communications, event planning, or a related discipline, or a combination of related education and work experience.
- Enthusiastic team player with an ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver targets with tight deadlines.
- Excellent phone and written communication skills.
- Data entry
- Experience in and/or preference for working in a small office and/or NGO environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.