CARE Canada is currently seeking a Program Development Manager.
Program Development Manager leads the coordination process for development and humanitarian proposals, the competitive bidding processes, including preparing/presenting cost-benefit and opportunity analysis to inform ‘go -no go’ decision, identify and establish Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) with potential partners (consortiums), facilitate information sharing, identify resources available within other teams and potential partners, and advise appropriately.
This role assists in identifying, designing and preparing new initiatives and present them to institutional donors for funding, Identifies when gender equality and/or Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) technical assistance is needed and ensures strong integration of gender through program design and development. This position, also, undertakes research on gender equality good practices and the gender equality programming environment in preparation for related bids and proposals.
This position reports into, and works closely with the Director, Partnership and Program Design to maintain and cultivate relationships with key contacts within the Government of Canada, Canadian partner organizations and other relevant external entities both in Canada and internationally to raise CARE’s profile as a ‘partner of choice’ within Canada, develop and foster strategic links, networks and partnerships by highlighting CARE’s programming strengths and policy positions, particularly as it relates to innovative gender equality programming.
What you offer:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development or a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A minimum 3 years experience in developing and/or managing international development an humanitarian projects and programming
- Strong knowledge of financial program management
- Strong knowledge of development and humanitarian issues in low and middle income countries
- Knowledge of basic gender equality concepts
- Familiarity with climate change, women’s economic empowerment, health, nutrition, humanitarian, and/or food security programming
- Strong knowledge of Windows Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal, in English and French
- Capacity to work collaboratively in a team as well as a self-manage
- Well organized, and strong attention to detail
- Initiative and creativity
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Willingness and ability to travel
What would make you extraordinary (Assets):
- Master’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 1-2 years of field experience working overseas, in a development and/or humanitarian context
- Experience with Results-Based Management tools and familiarity with donors, particularly Global Affairs Canada.
- Experience working with the Private Sector in a development context
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure
- Employer paid benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- International travel opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities, and specialised training
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy
- A family friendly environment
- Free parking, access to public transportation; central location close to popular amenities
- Casual work environment
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities
CARE helps women and girls in developing countries lift themselves and their families out of poverty and out of crisis. We bring people together to end inequality. Not just for one person, but a whole community. Not just for now, but for a lifetime and across generations. We develop solutions with women and girls and their communities to tackle the big issues facing them like climate change, economic empowerment, food security and emergency relief in times of crisis or disaster. To learn more, visit www.care.ca
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
- To apply, click on the following link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/ngojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your application (application form & cover letter) where you saw this job posting.
- Address 9 Gurdwara Rd., Suite 200, Ottawa, ON, $ Month