Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights seeks a full-time Program Coordinator
Reporting to the Director of Global Policy and Advocacy, the Project Coordinator will lead Action Canada’s coordination of a new Global Affairs Canada -funded project entitled Rights from the Start. In collaboration with local and global partners, the project seeks to improve comprehensive sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and support the fulfillment of sexual and reproductive rights through advocacy and feminist movement-building in targeted districts of Bolivia, Ecuador, Guyana and Peru. The project also includes Canadian public engagement elements led by Action Canada to support increased awareness of feminist and human rights-based approaches to SRHR among the Canadian public.
The Project Coordinator will play a key role in the effective implementation of the Rights from the Start project including by acting as the main project focal point for all partners, monitoring project progress and performance, ensuring compliance with funder requirements, and coordinating with local, Canadian, global project partners and Action Canada teams to ensure the successful management of the project. In accordance with Action Canada’s values, the Project Coordinator will be expected to possess a deep understanding of the complex power differentials present in transnational project coordination and an ability to design and implement project management processes that are transparent, participatory, and responsive to the needs and priorities of project partners.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a professional with 3+ years of experience to join a passionate, dedicated team, implementing domestic and global SRHR policy and advocacy programs. Experience with Global Affairs Canada -funded projects, feminist movement building practices and collaboration with civil-society organizations from the Global South are considered strong assets. Fluency in Spanish and English are required. Some international travel will be required.
- Coordinate with local, Canadian and global partners to ensure successful implementation of activities while ensuring compliance with contractual agreements, systems, and processes;
- Co-convene project partner committees to ensure effective coordination, communication and collaboration across all aspects of project implementation;
- Design and implement project management processes that are participatory, transparent and responsive to the needs and priorities of project partners;
- Co-organize annual all-partner project meetings;
- Manage and maintain thorough and efficient program administration across all aspects of the project implementation;
- Serve as primary focal point and liaison with Action Canada teams, project partners, and Global Affairs Canada in all aspects related to project management;
- Oversee the project budget and financial compliance requirements;
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation processes and ensure quality reporting to a range of stakeholders;
- Support Government Relations, Campaigns, and Communications teams to implement project activities including Canadian public engagement activities;
- Manage external consultants as required;
- Document learnings, challenges and promising practices;
- Actively participate in Action Canada all-staff and relevant team meetings to support the achievement of organizational strategic goals;
- Other related duties, as required.
- University degree in a related field or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in program coordination and management;
- Experience working collaboratively and effectively with Global South civil society organizations in diverse contexts;
- Experience managing or supporting complex, multi-country, multi-stakeholder projects;
- Experience coordinating with Global Affairs Canada and/or other large institutional funders
- Comprehensive understanding of sexual and reproductive health and rights advocacy, service delivery and programming;
- Experience managing and overseeing project budgets and financial reporting requirements;
- Proven experience in the development and application of performance measurement frameworks and results-based management;
- Strong track record of timely, accurate and high-quality reporting to funders;
- Strong analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to work both in a self-directed manner and collaboratively with other staff and stakeholders;
- Strong computer skills including with online conferencing tools (Zoom, Skype etc), project management (Asana), cloud-based document management (Dropbox, Sharepoint) and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Action Canada’s mission and values;
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail;
- Commitment to and demonstrated effectiveness working as part of a diverse and participatory team;
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression principles and practices;
- Flexible and adaptive, able to respond quickly and effectively to changing circumstances;
- Eligible to work in Canada;
- Fluent in Spanish and English, writing and speaking. French considered an asset.
Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights Ottawa Office (qualified applicants who can work remotely should also apply).
- Send your cover letter and CV by 11:59pm on Friday, April 17, 2020 to:
SUBJECT: Project Coordinator – Rights from the Start
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
Recognizing that we are facing an unprecedented and unusual time, we have made adjustments to our hiring processes. At this time, all staff at Action Canada are working from home, so we anticipate the interviewing and on-boarding process to occur remotely. We acknowledge that COVID-19 has caused disruptions to many lives and people may require additional accommodations.
As an employer we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants needs throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants in advance; only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 240 Bank St #501, Ottawa, ON $ Month