ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are a self-starter ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head, Operational Excellence, the Project Manager (PM) will deliver on enterprise priorities in service of the Foundation’s programming and operations. The Project Manager will liaise with internal (and potentially external) stakeholders to provide high quality business delivery of:
- Core business process design and/or improvements.
- Enterprise and functional projects/workstreams and initiatives.
The Project Manager will be key to enabling an enterprise-wide distribution and uptake of project management best practices through the Project Management Centre of Excellence.
As the PM, you will work on complex, multi-track projects or workstreams balancing scope, time, cost, geography, and quality while maintaining a positive environment that promotes high performance. You must be comfortable with diverse teams and managing uncertainty and possess the flexibility to co-create with dynamic, cross-functional teams to deliver integrated solutions.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Coordinate delivery and execution of complex enterprise or functional projects or workstreams concurrently with project stakeholders throughout project lifecycle, not limited to:
- Project management and implementation support for Enterprise Transformation.
- Development and/or continuous improvement of organizational processes.
- Understand and develop project content and deliverables through active engagement of stakeholders, and development of trusted thought-partner relationships.
- Dynamically engage stakeholders to problem-solve for solutions as needed to execute deliverables.
- Drive discussions with cross-functional teams for a desired/improved future state and document workflows tools, and accountability frameworks as required; house information in a knowledge repository.
- Provide support in implementation and operationalization efforts including training, change management and communications.
- Develop and manage integrated plans and associated communication documents to report on progress; provide frequent verbal and written progress reports on the status of projects; and provide action plans or recommendations on project delivery to stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain and deliverables to track achievement milestones and overall project delivery within the constraints of scope, schedule, cost and quality.
- Work with stakeholders to identify, document, assess, and monitor all project dependencies/interdependencies, risks, issues, and required decisions.
- Be an ambassador for the Project Management Centre of Excellence and provide coaching on project management best practices.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- PMI certified with a University degree, preferably in business administration or a related field; Master’s Degree is an asset.
- Minimum 7-9 years business project management experience (as opposed to IT project management) and success in leading and managing complex projects in an official PM capacity, demonstrating PMO methodologies for planning, risk management and reporting.
- Possess a good knowledge of process design and redesign (workflow mapping, accountability frameworks, etc.). Lean Six Sigma certification is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools and MS Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Project, Viso and Excel).
- Detail-oriented, methodical and process-oriented to consistently and effectively produce and deliver high quality results.
- Strong collaborator and relationship builder who can establish trust, respect and credibility to co-create solutions across a range of stakeholders.
- A highly analytical problem-solver and critical thinker who can define root cause, evaluate alternatives and find solutions effectively.
- Possess a ‘client’ focus mindset which enables effective business partnering and issue resolution.
- A team player, self-starter, and resourceful with the ability to work within a constantly changing and ambiguous environment with minimal supervision and resilience.
- Agile, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- Fluent in English required. Ability to speak French is an asset.
- Flexible to travel to Country offices in Africa, if required.
- Committed to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision
Deadline for Applications is February 18, 2021
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit http://www.mastercardfdn.org/
Follow the Foundation on Twitter at @MastercardFdn
How to Apply
- To apply, please follow this link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter) how (vacanciesincanada.ca) you heard about this vacancy.