WORLD UNIVERSITY SERVICE OF CANADA
|Position title:||Project Manager, Field Support Services Myanmar|
|Position location:||Yangon, Myanmar|
|Reports to:||Director, International Services|
|Application deadline:||May 31, 2020|
Nature and Scope:
In preparation for an anticipated Request for Proposals by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), WUSC is preparing a proposal for the Field Support Services Project (FSSP) in Myanmar. The FSSP Myanmar is responsible for providing a range of services to support the effective and efficient implementation of GAC’s development programming in the country. These services include, but are not limited to, the provision of administrative, logistical, technical, and financial services for GAC and other clients identified by GAC in Myanmar. The services provided by the FSSP may also include management of small local funds or development initiatives. WUSC is seeking individuals willing to submit their candidacy for consideration as a part of the implementation team for this project.
WUSC is issuing a call for a Project Manager who will be responsible for managing the delivery of administrative, logistical and financial management services provided by the FSSP. The Project Manager will report to WUSC’s Director of International Services, based in Ottawa, Canada.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as business administration, finance, accounting, international development, logistics, or project management;
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience providing project coordination services in a developing country for international development stakeholders or projects;
- Experience in management of large initiatives of $1 million or more annually; Expertise in provision of administration, procurement, financial and logistical
- services, for example, hiring of consultants, procurement of equipment, and supervision of event organization; and
- Expertise in local development initiatives, for example, management of small grants for local organizations.
World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is a leading Canadian international development organization that works with and through its southern partners to promote sustainable development. Founded in 1957 and currently working in 22 countries worldwide with an annual budget of approximately $35 million dollars, WUSC’s mission is to foster human development and global understanding through education and training. Our internationally recognized programs support youth, women and other marginalized populations, focusing on three thematic areas of education, employment and empowerment. Globally, WUSC works with a network of higher education institutions, civil society organizations, private sector partners, professionals, students, volunteers, faculty and community leaders that can be leveraged to support our work.
- Interested candidates should contact: [email protected]
- Please indicate “Project Manager FSSP Myanmar” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter and CV. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
REQUEST from ViC:
- vacanciesincanada.ca will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.
- Address 1404 Scott St, Ottawa, ON $ Month