Posted: January 05, 2021
Region: Winnipeg, MB
Safety and Wellbeing Responder, COVID-19 Hotel Operation
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking Safety and Wellbeing Responders for our COVID-19 Hotel Site locate in Winnipeg, MB.
- support the implementation of SWB services and programs for beneficiaries
- facilitate the resilience, emotional and psychological well being of the affected population in collaboration with operational personnel and/or community partners
- setting up, running and or closing of the SWB services within reception, shelter as directed
- support complex cases through consultation with ERT responders and ensure appropriate referrals
- work with SWB supervisor on any emerging needs that are observed within the beneficiary population
- advocate for beneficiaries in matters of mental health and psychosocial support
- ensure appropriate follow up on beneficiary issues through access to databases used in response such as EMIS
Education and Experience:
- experience in an emergency environment and/or with the Red Cross an asset
- training in Psychological First Aid
- background in psychosocial work, nursing, teaching, social work, youth engagement, public health is a strong asset
- training in protection and violence prevention or psychosocial support
- previous deployment/response experience
Skills and Abilities:
- demonstrated skills in diplomacy, cultural awareness and practical approach
- strong communication skills
- strong cultural safety skills
- ability to work with employees/volunteers and clients
- additional languages an asset
- customer service skills
- team player
- ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast paced environment
- The majority of the response work is performed in an adapted response environment which is moderately clean and comfortable.
- Able to work non-traditional hours (daytime, evenings and weekends), be on-call and respond to emergency/disaster related requests
- Potential for responding in disaster areas, as well as difficult and unstable conditions (environmental, physical, social, etc.) and uncomfortable conditions (noise, odours, smoke, humidity, vulnerable beneficiaries). These stressful rapidly changing environments with limited information to make decisions have the potential to affect the physical and psychological state of the responders on site.
- If working in a response site, health and safety considerations will be outlined prior to the assignment.
How to apply
Please submit your application here. This position will be posted until filled.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Please click here to apply.
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate on the application form /cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.