Post Number : 1CAUIS0056PA
Grade : G-7
Parent Sector : UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS)
Duty Station: Canada
Job Family: Finances
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 15-JUNE-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in Canada may apply to this position)
Under the overall delegated authority of the Director/Head of the Office and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer or Senior Finance and Administrative Assistant, as applicable, the incumbent provides a series of administrative support services in compliance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations, practices, standards and procedures:
- Act as certifying officer up to the authorized level delegated by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO);
- Draft and prepare routine correspondence;
- Assist in the preparation of budgetary and financial reports;
Finance and Budget Accountabilities
- Ensures financial accountability and control with respect to the funds administered by the Office;
- Ensures correct and timely postings and reconciliations, initiates investigations and prepares reports of accounting data;
- Maintain specific accounts, calculate and compile financial data, prepare routine reports;
- Provide assistance and guidance to staff on various basic financial procedures and processes;
- Monitor commitments and expenditure;
- Assist in the preparation, cost estimation and finalization of budget reports;
- Participates in the development and implementation of new financial policies and procedures.
- Researches and presents information on procurement requirements;
- Initiate requisitions and follow up on deliverables.
- Maintains proper inventory, filing and recording systems;
- Monitors the work of staff supervised; provides guidance and ensures training; sets clear objectives, monitors performance and ensures timely evaluations;
- Assists with the monitoring and maintenance of office premises, inventory, safety and security, and similar services;
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational education.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative services or related area.
- Experience in providing budget reports and financial projections.
Skills and Competencies
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Personal organisation, prioritisation and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills allowing effective communication with colleagues and clients in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to handle multitude of tasks, ensuring efficiency and quality.
- Knowledge of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) with a good knowledge of French.
- Specialized training or extensive experience in Accounting, Finance or Economics, Business Administration, project management or related field.
- Experience in preparing budget and performance reports for an international organization.
- Experience in applying financial rules and procedures in an international organization.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to process transactions using the financial module of an Enterprise Resource Planning (EPR) software such as SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Knowledge of web based management systems.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- To apply, click on the following link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/unescojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
- Address 255 Decelles Ave 7th floor, Montreal, Quebec $ Month