Canada – Ontario, Sudbury
AECOM is seeking a Senior Inspector to be based in Sudbury, ON.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingdisaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record ’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record ’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Responsible for setting own project deadlines.
- Provides on the job training to new employees.
- Responsible for monitoring conformance to quality, performance, specifications, and/or code requirements by performing inspection duties.
- Performs daily field inspections and maintains inspection records.
- Participates in punch lists, testing, and commissioning.
- Tracks quality assurance progress.
- Provides input to documentation for area and equipment turnovers.
- Highschool + 4 years of related experience in roads, water and sewer or Diploma/Certificate (Canada) + 2 years of related experience in roads, water and sewer
- Driving license and access to personal vehicle for site visits
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Water – Wastewater
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 247518BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.