UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTE VACANCY
(Until approximately April 30, 2022)
C.U.P.E. LOCAL 1393
POSITION TITLE: Student Development Specialist –Volunteer Leadership
CLASSIFICATION/ Classification “VI” per Schedule A of the collective agreement
RATE OF PAY:
DEPARTMENT: Student Success and Leadership Centre
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Student Development Specialist – Volunteer Leadership will maintain, develop, promote and coordinate all activities related to the organization of various first year undergraduate orientation programs (Head Start, UWindsor Welcome Week, Transfer and Winter Orientation) based on the guiding factors of Student Development Theory. This position will ensure that orientation and transition programs deliver key messages concerning support, best student retention practices and strategies that promote integration, student engagement with the UWindsor campus and student involvement in campus culture to all new incoming undergraduate students starting their university education.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Education, or a related field
- Three (3) years’ experience of Student Development Theory and student outcomes assessment in daily
- Three (3) years’ experience mentoring students in leadership and/or volunteer recruitment, training,
retention and motivation
- Knowledge of volunteer and orientation program evaluation and assessment
- Experience in developing/contributing to websites and communication plans
- Understanding of the undergraduate student experience and students in transition
- Three (3) years’ experience conducting leadership education, training programs (including skills such
as communication, conflict management, team building, etc.) and workshops
- Experience overseeing the work of others
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with an aptitude for public speaking
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision, and exercise tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work well under pressure in a deadline-oriented environment
- Experience working with budgets
- Proficiency with computer software (Microsoft Office applications) and database applications, and
social media platforms
- Experience with electronic scheduling, email and
The University of Windsor is a welcoming community that is committed to equity and supports diversity in its teaching, learning, and work environments. In pursuit of the University’s Employment Equity Plan, members from the designated groups (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Sexual Minorities) are encouraged to apply and to self-identify.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Employment Coordinator ([email protected]). Should you require further information on accommodation, please visit the website of the Office of Human Rights, Equity & Accessibility (OHREA) at www.uwindsor.ca/ohrea.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
- EMPLOYEES INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE MUST APPLY ELECTRONICALLY BY COMPLETING AN “APPLICATION FOR
TRANSFER” FORM AND FORWARDING WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
ON OR BEFORE:
Friday April 9, 2021 at 4:00PM
- To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
Information & forms:
- When applying for a job posting, please include a cover letter, resume and the Application for Employment and send these documents electronically to [email protected]. Please include in the subject line the posting reference number which is found in the job posting.
- Address 401 Sunset Ave, Windsor, ON $ Month