Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a Technical Program Manager, Environment and Climate Change (ECC) to join the Innovation and Impact team. MEDA is an association of compassionate women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org.
The Technical Program Manager, ECC will provide support to MEDA’s technical programming initiatives, as well as developing strategies; delivering training; providing technical assistance and developing resources/tools. This position will provide support to MEDA’s international projects and staff to mainstream and integrate standardized technical programming policies, strategies and interventions. The position will support business development from a technical perspective and contribute to MEDA’s thought leadership in the specified technical area. Regular international travel is a requirement for this position.
*Preference will be given to internal applicants*
- Job Status: Full-time, permanent
- Start Date: July 1, 2020
- Location(s): Waterloo (Head Office) preferred. Other locations may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
Technical Strategy Implementation (70%)
- Contribute technical expertise to program design, annual work plans, annual budgets, other critical project documents, and ensure execution of the specific technical component in contract deliverables as per Internal Task Agreements (ITAs) held, with appropriate oversight as required
- Support the Technical Director to develop and/or maintain a technical strategy which outlines core technical approaches, planned innovation, learning and measurement mechanisms, training plans, networking and thought leadership
- Explore new and innovative approaches and stay abreast of new advancements in the industry through various activities such as: reading, teaching and research engagements, and consulting assignments depending on project billable load
Business Development (15%)
- Support Technical Director in providing technical leadership to the development of projects, programs and proposals, in close collaboration with Regional Directors and other stakeholders to ensure full integration of MEDA’s core approaches, innovations and lessons learned as applicable
- Support Technical Director in the formulation of innovative approaches for scale up of MEDA’s interventions
- Support Technical Director to position MEDA (internally and externally) as a constant source of guidance, innovation, and compelling, reliable content to attain the status of thought leadership in specified technical area.
- Contribute to technical leadership through various activities such as: teaching engagements, speaking engagements, consulting assignments, publications, and industry contributions
Any other responsibilities as assigned.
*The job description is currently being updated and going through final review.
Education: University degree, ideally at a Master’s level in International Development, Economic Development, Environmental studies or related field
Experience: Minimum three years’ experience working in international and/or economic development
Technical: Demonstrated technical expertise and experience in environment and climate change programming including: analysis/assessment, developing/implementing strategies, developing tools and conducting training. Experience with/knowledge of innovative impact assessment approaches such as randomized control trials, rapid assessment, participatory evaluation, etc.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Familiarity with bi- and multi- lateral government agencies, donors, non-governmental organizations and other development agencies
- Willingness to undertake extensive international travel
- Strong team building, relational, interpersonal and communication abilities and skills
- Proven experience working in and with a wide range of cultures and in varying international locales
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fluid and dynamic environment and to adopt to new challenges
- Proficiency in a foreign language is an asset
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 25, 2020 @ 4:00pm EST.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
- To apply, click on the following link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/medajobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
REQUEST from ViC:
- vacanciesincanada.ca will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.
- Address 595 Parkside Dr Suite 2, Waterloo, ON $ Month