ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
In a newly formed position, the Treasury and Insurance Lead will report to the Head of Finance Operations, and will manage the day-to-day operations of the Foundation’s Treasury function. The Lead will have oversight of the Foundation’s invested assets, cash flow management and compliance with investment-related processes and policies. In this role, the Lead will also be responsible for managing the Foundation’s insurance program in Africa and Canada. This position consolidates responsibilities that are currently being performed by the Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis teams but that are becoming more complex as the Foundation grows and decentralizes.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Oversee the Foundation’s cash flow and maintain short and long-term cash flow models.
- Based on funding requirements, manage the process for selling the Foundation’s Mastercard Inc. shares.
- Ensure cash on hand is optimized in short-term interest-bearing investments.
- Liaise with the Financial Planning & Analysis team on enterprise level financial planning.
- Prepare reporting for the Foundation’s management and Board of Directors including the Investment Committee as required.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with treasury policies including those related to investments and cash management.
- Assess and manage foreign currency risks.
- Manage the Foundation’s insurance program and annual insurance renewal.
- Maintain close relationships with external parties including the Foundation’s insurance broker, banks, and investment broker and provide regular updates to key stakeholders within the Foundation.
- Monitor the Foundation’s group retirement savings plan including its investment performance and investment options.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and help to create a work culture that is consistent with the Foundation’s values and guiding principles among the team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 6+ years of investment and/or accounting experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a people manager.
- Successfully completed CPA or CFA designation.
- Experience with asset management and cash flow projections.
- Familiarity with insurance programs, preferably in a multi-jurisdictional organization.
- Knowledge of Canadian statutory requirements for philanthropic organizations is an asset.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement and teamwork.
- Keen attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- French language and/or local language skills are an asset.
How to Apply
- To apply, please follow this link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter) how (vacanciesincanada.ca) you heard about this vacancy.
Deadline for Applications is February 1, 2021
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department at [email protected]. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.
For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit http://www.mastercardfdn.org/
Follow the Foundation on Twitter at @MastercardFdn
- Address 250 Yonge Street Suite 2400 Toronto, Ontario, Canada $ Month