An Internship Opportunity
UNICEF is the world’s farthest-reaching humanitarian organization for children. Across 190 countries and territories, and in the world’s toughest places, we work day in and day out to help children survive. To defend their rights. To keep them protected, healthy and educated. To give them a fair chance to fulfil their potential. Our work for every child relies entirely on voluntary support, including donations from generous Canadians.
Community Engagement Representative
(14-week contract starting September, 2019; full time; based in Toronto)
This is an opportunity for an individual to learn more about fundraising at UNICEF Canada while offering day-to-day operational and administrative assistance for our major Community Engagement campaigns. These include our UNICEF On Campus program, Halloween campaign, and other community events.
This Community Engagement Representative will support our engagement of Canadian communities and educational institutions. We are seeking an individual with experience working with volunteers on fundraising events as well as with a relationship-building mindset to connect with current and prospective groups. The Community Engagement Representative will provide necessary assistance to other members of the Community and Corporate team as required.
The Community Engagement Representative will also act as the team administrative point-person for the department, helping to organize meetings, providing daily support to community groups across the country.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience or a keen interest in fundraising
- Is a people-person, an excellent communicator and a very engaging individual with strong time management skills.
- Adopts a creative approach to engaging with various groups through campaigns and programs
- Has enthusiasm to learn and grow in a fast paced fundraising environment.
- Is detail-oriented and will be flexible to changing priorities as the need arises. Has exceptional PC proficiency using Microsoft applications.
- Has knowledge of CRM databases i.e. Raiser’s Edge (an asset) Is bilingual in English and French (an asset).
Compensation: $14.00 per hour.
- For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter as one document to [email protected] by August 16, 2019. Please reference “Community Engagement
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you discovered this posting.
Representative” clearly in the subject heading.
UNICEF Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
UNICEF Canada is an inclusive workplace and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position.
- Address 90 Eglinton Ave E Suite 400, Toronto, ON M4P 2Y3
- Salary Offer $14.00 per hour. $ $14.00 per hour. Month