Donor Care Intern – CANTO/PSP/VN/020
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Duration: 8 Months
Application deadline: November 15h 2019
Expected Start Date: November 21st 2019
1. General Background
The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is the world’s leading not-for-profit organization in helping and protecting the millions of people forced to flee their homes because of violence, conflict and persecution. We deliver life-saving assistance, including shelter, food and water while also safeguarding fundamental human rights, safety and dignity.
Our Canadian office is part of a global network that works in 130 countries, protecting over 65 million people. We were founded in 1950 as part of the United Nations effort to help people displaced by World War II. Since then we have been on the ground helping over 50 million people forced to leave their homes, and have even received two Nobel Prizes for our work.
We are passionate about the people we help—and the amazing team of people who work for us. We thrive on excellence, integrity and respect for diversity. Our culture is dynamic, results-oriented and focused on change, ready to tackle the latest global humanitarian crisis. You will be part of a newly growing team that—due to a significant revitalization process—is set for transformational growth. We need someone who is not only ready to jump in at the start of this journey, but has the skills, energy and creativity to help shape what comes next.
In order to be considered eligible for an internship, applicants must be a recent graduate or current student in a graduate / undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
3. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The Private Sector Partnerships Office of the UNHCR in Toronto is seeking a Donor Development and Marketing Intern to assist the Donor Care team with inquiries. Additionally, they will help develop and execute the third-party fundraising program for 2019. The intern will have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge and experience in fundraising and marketing, as well as their experience within a not-for-profit/international organization. Additionally, flexible work hours are available upon request.
4. Duties and Responsibilities
- Donor Support: Help manage donor inquiries coming in through the donor care inbox, answering phone calls and call center escalations.
- Database Entry: Updating donor information in databases including Raiser’s Edge and Engaging Networks.
- Peer to Peer Fundraising: Assist the digital team in developing creative content and stewarding peer to peer fundraisers, including sending emails, calling, sending welcome materials and fundraising kits.
- Administration: Helping with general administrative work and other tasks as requested.
5. Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or college diploma (completed within previous 12 months or currently in progress) required. Degree or diploma in the area of communications, marketing or international development an asset
- Strong client service skills to provide excellent donor service
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good computer skills, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of or experience in database entry/management an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English. French language skills are a strong asset
UNHCR Interns receive food and transportation allowance based on standard UN Daily subsistence allowance rate.
- To apply for this position, please fill in the UN Personal History/Supplementary forms (Personal History Form
and send those forms along with your cover letter and CV to [email protected]. Please provide the exact date of enrolment and completion of your studies on the cover letter. Additionally, please indicate “CANTO/VN/PSP/VN/020 Donor Care Intern” in the subject line.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in both your e-mail and cover letter where you saw this posting.
The Applications/Forms must be submitted in English. Applications without UN Personal History forms will not be considered.
Please note that the receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
WE REGRET WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PHONE CALLS
- Address 2 St Clair Ave W #802, Toronto, ON $ Month