REQUIREMENT: The Government of Canada, through the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD), is seeking a Consultant to be called upon on for Chancery Floor Refurbishment in Vienna.
The current carpet floor in the Chancery has never been replaced since the Embassy opened over 20 years ago, save for a small patch of corridor. As the decision was recently made not to move Chanceries, Global Affairs Canada is funding several refurbishment projects, including a renewing of this carpet. The carpet has already been purchased and shipped to the Embassy; a contract is now required to – inter alia – remove the existing carpet and wall bases, grind and level the floor, and install new carpet and wall bases.
Objective of the Work
The Embassy of Canada in Austria requires a Contractor to replace the existing flooring in the Chancery with new carpet.
Scope of works
- Delivery of needed materials (as per Table 2) on site prior to start of the work.
- Work includes:
- Preparation of worksite
- Removal and disposal of all carpeting and wall bases (approximate area 2800 square meters)
- Grinding and levelling of floor
- Installation of new carpet – carpet tiles and connections provided by the Embassy (as per Section 5.3)
- Purchase, delivery and installation of new wall bases and transition strips and finishing off the top gap with Acrylic where necessary
- Removal and disposal of additional debris
- Cleaning up of the worksite and paths to and from the site after completion of the project including vacuuming and dusting.
- These service specifications set forth the minimum level of the required services. It remains the prerogative of the Project Authority to add tasks to these non-exhaustive lists.
- The Contractor must provide the following services:
- Dust protection and installation of work site
- Protection of new flooring with foil (optional)
- Removal and disposal of old carpet and wall bases at the end of each workday in accordance with local regulations
- Sanding and priming of floor where necessary
- Application of levelling compound up to 3mm
- Installation of provided carpet tiles as per Section 5.3
- Purchase, delivery and installation of wall bases and transition strips (as per Section 5.3)
- Finishing of gaps between baseboard and walls with Acrylic where necessary
- Installation of floor profiles at doorways where necessary
- Cleanup of worksite after completion including removal of equipment and dust protection
All enquiries of a technical nature and all questions of a contractual nature, are to be submitted to the Contracting Advisor: Karyne Villeneuve, by email at [email protected]
Inquiries are to be made in writing and should be received not less than three (3) calendar days prior to the closing date to allow sufficient time to respond.
All general conditions are stated in the draft contract supplied as part of this tender. Firms intending to submit tenders on this project should obtain tender documents through the Government Electronic Tendering Service (GETS) web site at https://buyandsell.gc.ca/procurement-data/tenders. Addenda, when issued, will be available on the GETS web site. Firms that elect to base their bids on tender documents obtained from other sources do so at their own risk and will be solely responsible to inform the tender calling authority of their intention to bid.
The Crown reserves the right to negotiate with suppliers on any procurement. Documents may be submitted in either official language of Canada.
BID RECEIVING: Bids will be received electronically only. Please review the tender documents for details.
CLOSING DATE: December 21st, 2020 at 14:00hrs Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Documents may be submitted in either official language of Canada