The UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) has recently undergone a repositioning exercise that identified our target user segments and their respective needs. As a result, we are embarking on a project to redevelop our Web Presence consisting of the following
- Main Content Website
- Online Data Browser
- Programmatic Data Access
A concurrent project to develop a corporate Content Management System (CMS) is in progress at UNESCO Headquarters. The UIS will utilize this CMS to implement its Main Content Website. This includes working within the technical and design constraints of the UNESCO CMS infrastructure.
A Request For Information (RFI) activity to replace the current Online Data Browser with a SaaS implementation has returned several approaches to the future Online Data Browser need.
The UIS executed an API Assessment in 2019 to assess the match between the UIS SDMX API and its data consumers. Based on its findings and as a first response, a Bulk Data Download Service has been implemented that allows efficient and automated programmatic data access.
B) Tasks and Objectives:
This contract is for the development of a TOR that details the content redesign of our main website taking into account our repositioning and the constraints of the UNESCO CMS infrastructure (Drupal).
The TOR will ensure that both internal and external stakeholders are involved in the review process. Internal stakeholders will include UIS staff members, and external stakeholders will include current and potential UIS customers and/or data consumers. The resulting project will facilitate communication with stakeholders via telephone, email and in person meetings.
All deliverables will be presented to the project team as draft for review and feedback iterations until approved by the project team.
- Website Terms of Reference, Request for Proposal and Supplier Selection Support
The solution provider will deliver the complete Terms of Reference to implement the new UIS Website consisting of at least the following objectives:
- New Website Sitemap
The solution provider will deliver a sitemap based on the UIS repositioning Report, HQ Drupal based CMS constraints and current content structure. This sitemap will map the content structure for the new website.
- Collection of Redesigned Content
With the approved New Website Sitemap, the solution provider will develop and deliver the content and website assets for the new website.
With the TOR in place, the solution provider will supply a full-fledged RFP and facilitation of selection of an implementing partner.
- In order to complete and deliver the contract, the following inputs will be provided to the solution provider:
- UIS Web Presence Plan
- UIS Repositioning Report : analysis of value proposition and stakeholder needs
- Global Education Data Portal Report
- Access to current UIS website content
- Access to UIS WordPress project
- User Experience reports from UIS WordPress project
- UNESCO HQ Web-Rehaul TOR
- UNESCO HQ CMS Templates & Design Constraints
- UNESCO HQ CMS Technical Constraints
- To apply, click on the following link https://vacanciesincanada.ca/unescojobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your proposal where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this tender/procurement notice. .
- Address 255 Decelles Ave 7th floor, Montreal, Quebec $ Month