Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights seeks a full-time Finance Officer based in Ottawa, Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Finance Officer is responsible for supporting the management and operations team in meeting the financial requirements of the organization and project funders. This is a wonderful opportunity for a finance professional with 3+ years of experience to join a passionate, dedicated team, implementing domestic and global policy and advocacy programs. Action Canada is seeking a professional with experience in non-profit or civil-society organizations. Experience with Global Affairs Canada grants and CGA designation are considered strong assets.
Institutional Grant Support:
- Coordinate with external partners to meet grant requirements.
- Assist in analysis of funding and grant contracts to ensure complete and accurate implementation of systems and processes for funder and organizational reporting.
- Support institutional grant funding reports and audit compliance, including for Action Canada’s programs funded by Global Affairs Canada
- Develop and implement internal systems and procedures to support the organization’s financial obligations as required.
- Verify expenditures allocated to projects to comply with grant agreements including with Global Affairs Canada
- Coordinate with the finance and program teams to ensure that all financial and reporting obligations are met.
- Review financial management and accounting transactions.
- Conduct financial systems information extraction.
- Prepare regular and special reports on budget commitments, expenditures, revenues and forecasts.
- Support optimized accounting processes, internal control procedures and best financial practices.
- Assist with budget administration, analysis, and monitoring.
- Respond to inquiries and investigations.
- Assist with yearly audit preparation.
General Financial Support:
- Oversee the processing and recording of accounts payable and receivable. Ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Coordinate semi-monthly board authorizations.
- Perform accounting operations in support of programs.
- Support senior staff on the management of their budgets
- Process invoices related to expense recoveries/reimbursement.
- Reconcile credit card statements.
- Exercise a high standard of confidentiality regarding documents of a sensitive nature.
- Other related duties as applicable.
- University Degree and/or CGA or CPA designation preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in preparing project financial reports for not-for-profit organizations
- Advanced level of Excel knowledge and ability
- Experience with Global Affairs Canada and/or other large institutional grant funders
- Knowledge of and commitment to Action Canada’s mission and values
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to and demonstrated effectiveness working as part of a diverse and participatory team
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression principles and practices
- Flexible and adaptive, able to respond quickly and effectively to changing circumstances
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Fluent in English, writing and speaking. French or Spanish bilingualism considered an asset.
Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights Ottawa Office
- Send your cover letter and CV by 11:59pm on Friday, April 17, 2020 to:
SUBJECT: Finance Officer
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.
Recognizing that we are facing an unprecedented and unusual time, we have made adjustments to our hiring processes. At this time, all staff at Action Canada are working from home, so we anticipate the interviewing and on-boarding process to occur remotely. We acknowledge that COVID-19 has caused disruptions to many lives and people may require additional accommodations.
As an employer we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicant’s needs throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants in advance; only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 240 Bank St #501, Ottawa, ON $ Month