Responsibilities of the position include:
- Understand the scope, objectives, and deliverables of the research program and provide managerial leadership to large scope research initiatives
- Assist in the implementation and delivery of the research program
- Ensure that stakeholder requirements are met on-time and on-budget
- Create and implement tools and processes needed to meet research project objectives and deliverables
- Manage internal reporting processes (develop templates, set-up new projects, set internal deadlines based on external reporting requirements, track projects and budgets)
- Review the quality of the work completed with the Trustholder and research teams to ensure that they satisfy the project scope, timelines, budgets, deliverables, etc.
- Prepare scientific and financial reports for external partners (i.e., the funding agencies)
- Work within a team environment that encompasses multidisciplinary partners (internal and external) and multiple academic institutions
- Provide financial management for research project funds to ensure optimum use of financial resources
- Develop external communication strategies (website, social media, etc) and communication tools in concert with team members
- Prepare reports and materials for external stakeholders as required
- Establish a communication strategy to update stakeholders, including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the research program
- Manage the coordination of research project symposia, conferences, seminars, and other dissemination and networking activities
- Facilitate and assist the Trustholder and co-investigators with business development and research funding solicitation initiatives, as needed, and as defined from time to time by the Trustholder
- Assist in the creation of competitive grant applications, including writing applications and providing strategic advice to the Trustholder
- Find and source funding opportunities to advance the research program
- Travel to industry partner sites, meetings, conferences, and other events as required by the Research Program
The Research Coordinator is required to have expertise in several areas due to the range and complexity of the research program and will be required to communicate with persons at all levels of the University, Industry, and Granting Agencies. The Research Coordinator must be able to understand the implications of contract terms negotiated and of other contractual and development related activities. As the research program is highly technical in nature, the Research Coordinator should have a strong background in science and engineering. Specific qualifications include:
- MSc minimum (PhD preferred) with preference given to engineering and applied science or equivalent disciplines. Knowledge in related energy and environment research areas would be an asset.
- 3+ years progressively responsible experience in managing multi-disciplinary groups and being involved in complex projects including managing budgets, technical report writing, scientific communications, stakeholder engagement, and business development
- Professional designation in a relevant field of work (i.e. PEng or equivalent) would be considered an asset
- Experience working in an academic or research setting
- Experience with grant proposal strategy development and writing
- Demonstrated ability in project design, management, and completion
- Proven ability to think strategically and work effectively in an environment prone to ongoing and emergent management issues and changing priorities
- Ability to provide technical or administrative presentations
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to interact with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Proficiency in the use of common software for word processing, databases, spreadsheets and online communication tools
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Enterprise software would be considered an asset
In accordance with the Trust/Research Academic Staff Agreement, this position has an approximate end date of August 31, 2022, with a possibility of extension, offers a comprehensive benefits package found at Faculty & Staff Benefits and annual salary range of $58,210 – $80,050.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
View or Apply
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email /cover or application letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.