This position provides principal administrative support to the School of Business, English & Liberal Studies for matters pertaining to the assigned programs and departments. They also manage a variety of functions including academic planning, budgeting, staffing and instructional infrastructure maintenance, external academic relationships as well as promotion of programs. The role also includes providing quality assurance support to the International Department and our off-site study locations.
- Planning, staffing, and resourcing for credit and non-credit courses and programming for three academic semesters for programs and departments in the School of Business, English & Liberal Studies;
- Prepare SWFs for full-time faculty and answer inquiries during workload planning, SWF issuing, and SWF audit periods each semester;
- Maintain a current roster of adjunct faculty, technologists, and technicians as well as prospective candidates for the purpose of staffing in response to the operational needs of the programs and department in the School of Business, English & Liberal Studies;
- Monitor student enrollment reports and advise the academic lead of staffing needs;
- Collaborate with People & Organizational Development in preparing all hiring forms including faculty classification and matters pertaining to the faculty collective agreement;
- Collaborate with the Registrar’s Office on matters of course scheduling
- Under the direction of the Dean – School of Business, English & Liberal studies, develop budgets for assigned programs and departments; regularly monitor budget utilization over the fiscal year, identify variances and associated rationale and prepare associated reports; conduct variance analysis, trending, projections and forecasting on the budget, and monitor and control instructional supply utilization in relation to the approved budget;
- Prepare routine documentation and reports in response to those requested by internal stakeholders and external agencies as approved by the academic lead;
- Provide information and requirements for program delivery to the Registrar’s Office and jointly (Registrar’s Office and Information Technology) resolves problems arising;
- Under the direction of the Senior Dean of International Education, regularly visit Lambton’s other study locations for quality assurance purposes. This may include periodic travel to international locations;
- Use standardized tools to collect and analyze quality assurance metrics and applying results to expected standards; includes student satisfaction survey, PQABA audit process;
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and faculty to ensure new programs, courses, and curriculum meet Lambton College standards;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in education or related area including a minimum of two-years teaching experience at the secondary or post-secondary level with experience in curriculum development and revision;
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills to effectively troubleshoot and problem solve;
- Strong project management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting ever-changing deadlines, demonstrating a strong aptitude for detail and accuracy, and having strong interpersonal skills for holding people accountable for the required deliverables;
- A collaborative team player who takes personal accountability, works and can make decisions independently, has a high level of initiative, and works to the highest of standards;
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with tact and diplomacy, exercise discretion and judgement at all times;
- Skilled communicator, especially with report writing;
- Experience with quality assurance processes including data collection, analysis, and control;
- High degree of proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Because of the high possibility for travel associated with this position, the successful applicant must have a clean driving record and be eligible to hold a passport
Lambton College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.