To daily assist in the operations of serving Family Service clients, providing hope and dignity to those who enter through our doors. Also to direct public inquiries, and provide administrative support to Corps Officers/Executive Directors and Business Manager.
- Full-Time – 37.5 hours per week-
- Temporary Contract for 2-3 weeks, with the possibility of an extension.
- Performs general office duties such as answers telephone calls and directs inquiries; greets and escorts visitors; files documents; photocopies and distributes materials as requested; sends and receives fax/email material as requested; resolves routine inquiries
- Drafts and types correspondence.
- Handles and ensures the protection of confidential and sensitive client/program files
- Assists with maintaining databases (volunteer info, contact lists, etc); helps maintain input into the Salvation Army Management Information system – S.A.M.I.S.
- Drafts and prepares presentations, brochures, flyers, advertisements, invitations and certificates subject to supervisor approval
- May schedule meetings, prepare agendas, takes minutes; types and circulates minutes
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail including materials of a confidential nature;
- Prepares and receives paperwork for various projects and processes as assigned by the supervisor
- Helps with receipts for donors; handles walk-in cash and credit card donations.
- Assists with bus ticket/Thrift Store Vouchers for clients as directed
- May assist with obtaining a client hamper from the storage area and deliver to the client in the lobby.
- Assists with daily preparation/maintenance of area for clients: putting out food, maintaining coffee corner, cleaning
- Assists with maintenance and cleanliness of staff kitchen area, including cleaning dishwashing linens
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of High School (an alternative level of education and experience may be acceptable)
- The successful candidate must have 1-2 years prior experience, including life skills
- Excellent customer/donor service ethics including the ability to deal with the public in a friendly manner
- A proven ability to work in a team setting as well as a willingness to take personal initiatives
- The ability to adapt to change and interruptions to a normal work routine, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A willingness to adhere to a dress code of modesty, neatness, and cleanliness
- An understanding of and support for the Mission Statement of the Salvation Army in Canada
- The successful applicant must have, or be willing to obtain, a criminal record check, clearance from the National Abuse Registry.
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- A valid BC class “5” license with appropriate certification and proof of a clean driver abstract
- Completion of our online Armatus Abuse Training and required Health and Safety training
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.