JOB OFFER: Community Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Community Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator ensures that The Teapot continues to develop strong partnerships with volunteers, corporate groups, and community partners.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Recruit volunteers through various channels including Volunteer Bureaus, social media, and kiosks/fairs
- Interview, screen, and onboard new volunteers to the organization
- Coordinate bi-annual volunteer appreciation events
- Develop and implement policies and procedures governing volunteer activities
- Assist staff with the development of clear volunteer descriptions
- Assist staff with volunteer support & supervision
- Establish partnerships with corporate volunteers for major events
- Assist with the recruitment of stagiaire students by developing partnerships with educational institutions
- Attend relevant community meetings; participate in relevant councils and committees.
- Schedule outreach presentations in the community
- Maintain relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones.
- Coordinate Outreach Events; Open House, Holiday Sweet Platters, Quebec Senior Centre Week, World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, Summer Picnic, Thanksgiving Lunch, Holiday Lunch, and Easter Lunch
- Collaborate with partners on the development and implementation of community projects
The Community Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator reports to the General Manager.
- Full-time position; Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:00pm
- Salary range: 18.00$ to 23.00$
- Experience in community work (e.g. non-profit sector, and community organizing, etc.);
- Experience with volunteer management;
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues related to seniors;
- Post-secondary education in relevant field or equivalent work-related experience;
- Must be able to function as a member of a team as well as independently;
- Occasional work weekends and evenings;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel etc.) and Google tools (Google Docs, Sheets etc.);
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in both French and English.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.