14 active jobs
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
Mission Statement The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Core Values The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
As valued member of the Senior Management team, the Finance and Business Manager will have direct responsibility to oversee Saskatoon Crossroads Residential Services and Saskatoon Temple/CFS Finance, Property & Facilities and Central Purchasing, in accordance with Government contractual agreements and The Salvation Army standards. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week.
- Business and Financial Leadership:
- Collaborate as an active member of the Leadership Team with the Executive Director in planning, developing, and executing strategic initiatives for Crossroads’ multiple locations (5 sites) and departments
- Develop strategic initiatives and action plans for asset management, asset deployment, resource allocation, and training for Saskatoon Crossroads
- Develop solutions and recommendations and implement plans to turnaround shortfalls and deficits; pointing the ministry unit on a secure and sustainable financial path and coordinate the annual budgeting process
- Provide direction, advice, leadership, and guidance on business administration, financial, and operation matters
- Provide financial and administrative oversight on vendor management contracts, invoices, documentation, audits, and accreditation requirements
- Submit input, recommendations, and concerns to Leadership Team to ensure the department is prepared for and meets all the necessary internal and external accreditation standards
- Provide oversight to the Finance Team in preparation of annual external audit, annual funding contract, department/program annual budget and financial variance reports and ensure all financial reports for funding agencies and Divisional Headquarters are completed and submitted on time
- Recommend the approval of contracts to the Executive Director
- Ensure the management of contracts and leases are up to date and periodical review for irregularities.
- Ensure all processes relating to central purchasing are properly implemented and followed through
- Establish, interpret, develop, implement, and evaluate the finance department standards, policies, and procedures in line with The Salvation Army standards and regulatory bodies
- Serve as the business liaison for projects; providing guidance and vendor management assistance, where required.
- Leadership and Program Oversight:
- Provide oversight to Saskatoon Crossroads’ finance, business, and admin department, property and facilities, trustee program, and emergency after hours program
- Recruit, train, evaluate, supervise, guide, and manage facility, accounting, and trustee staff
- Maintain appropriate paperwork to support employee relations responsibilities
- Conduct regular performance appraisals and learning plans for direct reports and address performance issues when they arise in consultation with the Executive Director and HR
- Ensure staff adhere and maintain safety and operational standards in accordance with legislation, standards, and The Salvation Army’s policy, procedures, and guidelines
- Property & Facilities
- Provide direction and oversight to the facilities department to ensure all property repairs and maintenance work are completed within the scheduled timeline and budget.
- Direct and ensure all facilities inspection and audits are completed within the set timeframe in compliance to building codes and regulations.
- Provide financial input, capabilities, and strategic advice on the viability of major repairs and capital projects work undertaken by the organization to ensure its sustainability and continuous operation.
- Evaluate and recommend major projects and quotes tendered to the Executive Director for approval
- Ensure policies and procedures relating to facilities management are developed, reviewed, current and communicated to all relevant personnel.
- Ensure the department meets both the internal and external accreditation and safety standards and guidelines
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education, Qualifications and Certifications:
- Completed or working on degree in Business and Finance, or equivalent
- Certificate in Facilities Management or its equivalent is preferred
- Current certification in Standard First Aid with CPR, Criminal Police Investigation Check with Vulnerable Sector Check, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training
Experience and Skilled Knowledge Requirements
- 3 to 5 years of related Finance/Business experience; including 2 years managing staff
- Facilities management experience an asset; An equivalent combination of education and experience can be considered
Skills and Capabilities
- Ability to deal effectively with all managers and staff and create a working climate that is positive and mutually supportive
- Ability and willingness to work in a consultative, collaborative, diplomatic, and tactful manner
- Strong sense of integrity with professional ethics and a balanced sense of fairness and flexibility
- Seek common ground in navigating challenging issues and constructively manage conflict to create win-win solutions, wherever possible
- Ability to proactively recognize potential risks and issues, respond with solutions and engage others in implementing change
- Strong written and verbal commununciation skills – clear and simple to understand
- Effective organizational and time management skills – self-motivated and disciplined self-starter
- Attention to detail, meticulous and ability to always maintain confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to respect, understand, further, support and promote The Salvation Army’s mission, culture, and values
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your supervisor of your intentions as soon as you know your application is being considered- normally at the stage where you are being interviewed.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.