130 active jobs
The Director of Operations gives oversight to the daily operations of the New Directions Community Residential Facility. The Centre provides intensive case management supports and residential services to assist clients in successfully reintegrating back into the community.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing innovative service delivery models.
- Oversee case management for clients released to the Community Residential Facility (CRF).
- Provide supervision, direction and oversight to all Social and Support Services staff.
- Participate in regular case management meetings with key stakeholders and community partners.
- Complete case management evaluations and liaise with community partners to ensure wraparound care.
- Provide supervision for staff involved in case management and monitoring of clients at the Centre.
- Participate in the preparation and planning of the strategic plan for New Directions.
- Assist in the preparation and planning of the operating budget.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, ensure that the Centre meets all contractual standards.
- Participate in the hiring, orientation, training and evaluation of staff.
- Complete payroll supervisory functions in the Human Resources Information System.
- Monitor staff safety practices in compliance with health and safety standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Qualifications and Education requirements:
- Completion of a Bacholers of Social Work Degree or related Social Services degree.
- A combination of education and experience will be given consideration
- Minimum of three (3) years of prior related experience in community correctional setting.
- Experience in counselling and casework documentation.
· Develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities.
· Non-Violent Crisis Intervention or willing to attain
· First Aid/CPR Certification
· Current original copy of a Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector screening
· Be able to obtain enhanced reliability screening through Correctional Services of Canada
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator who values working in a team environment.
Successful candidates will be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- Education verification
· This position requires the successful candidate to have a valid driver’s license and be able to provide proof that you have a valid driver’s license upon being hired.
In support of our commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, The Salvation Army (TSA) has a vaccination requirement for all employees in Canada. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to provincial/territorial human rights legislation. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Human Rights Code, a request for accommodation can be submitted and written proof satisfactory to TSA will be required.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, must advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.