3 active jobs
The Edmonton Christmas Kettle Campaign Assistant position is a short-term contract position to support volunteer engagement during the Christmas Kettle Campaign.
September 7, 2021 to November 7, 2021: Up to 20 hours per week. Monday to Saturday.
November 8, 2021 to January 7, 2022: 35 hours per week. Monday to Saturday.
Day and Evening hours, including weekend work.
- Support the recruitment process for general volunteers including interviewing, completing reference checks and associated administrative tasks
- Support the recruitment process for the Christmas Kettle Campaign volunteers including:
- Contacting past volunteers and groups to fill Kettle Campaign shifts
- Recruiting new volunteers and groups to fill Kettle Campaign shifts
- Using Better Impact software to manage volunteer engagement
- Support organizational and administrative tasks including:
- Securing Christmas Kettle venues
- Organizing Christmas Kettle supplies and equipment
- Provide support and supervision to Christmas Kettle Area Team Leads during the Campaign (November 12 – Dec 24)
- Performs other related responsibilities as may be assigned by the CRC Resourcing Manager and/or the CRC Executive Director
- Reports directly to the CRC Resourcing Manager or in their absence the CRC Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent decision making and organizational skills
- Strong computer and software skills in MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience working and/or managing volunteer management software (i.e. Better Impact)
- Experience with volunteer recruitment and engagement
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in the handling of volunteer and organizational information
- Willingness and ability to be flexible
- Working knowledge of The Salvation Army Kettle Campaign is an asset
- Possesses a valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license and maintains a clean driver’s abstract. A reliable personally owned vehicle required for travel around the City of Edmonton and local area.
- A Criminal Background Check that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required
- Willing to wear Salvation Army logo and branded wear.
- Willing to adhere to Salvation Army policies, procedures, and principles.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.