This is a permanent, part-time position based on 15 hours per week. The work schedule is determined in consultation with your supervisor and may vary according to requirements of responsibility. Applicable shifts include a ½ hour unpaid meal break. The operational hours of this facility are 24/7.
Shifts: Saturday to Sunday, 4:00 pm – 12:00 am.
This is a Unionized position.
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Duties will vary dependent upon shift worked.
- Make beds and change linens as scheduled.
- Change discharged beds daily, discharge beds are done on same day as they check out.
- Private rooms – supply bedding (weekly) and clean discharges as required.
- Sweep, dust, mop & clean dorms.
- Dump garbage daily.
- Ensure that all bathrooms are clean and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Ensure that the dining room floor and walls are clean by sweeping and mopping the floor and washing down the walls as required.
- Maintain exterior grounds by ensuring all debris and snow is removed from the front and back entrances and walkway (sweep, wash off shovel, salt) if assigned.
- Maintain interior of building by:
- Sweeping and mopping all hallways as scheduled and washing the walls as required.
- Sweeping and mopping all stairs and the ramp as scheduled and the walls as required.
- Cleaning the elevator floor and walls.
- Sweeping and mopping the floors in the TV Rooms.
- Cleaning office floors, walls and furniture as scheduled.
- Cleaning windows and doors as required.
- Cleaning spills, leaks etc. as they occur.
- Do other housekeeping duties such as washing bedding, washing towels, packing laundry soap etc. if required.
- Strip and wax floors when required.
- Use approved cleaning supplies wisely and safely.
- Be courteous to residents, treating them with dignity and respect.
- Do other housekeeping responsibilities as designated by management.
- Assist Front Desk Staff with emergencies as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be in agreement and comply with the Mission Statement of The Salvation Army Booth Centre, Hamilton.
- Possess a combination of education and life-related experience in housekeeping / janitorial services.
- Possess knowledge of cleaning techniques, equipment, and cleaning materials.
- Possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Manage time wisely.
- Possess a current First Aid and CPR, non-violent Crisis Intervention and WHIMIS certificate.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and under supervision.
- Ability to lift/carry loads up to forty pounds.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.