We are a human rights and social services charitable not-for-profit agency for women, girls, and children affected by the justice system.
EFry is committed to the belief that people are willing and able to take responsibility for their own lives if provided with the resources, opportunities and skills to do so. We value working together with others who are committed to equality, fairness, and opportunity for those we serve.
EFry helps both female and male clients access the government financial support to which they are entitled. Third Party Administration clients cannot receive these services from government offices for behavior or their need for high levels of support and case management. EFry tailors our support to each client’s individual circumstances, with the goal of helping them meet the criteria necessary to reinstate their direct access to government services.
We are hiring an Admin Assistant to be assigned in Vancouver.
The Admin Assistant provides a variety of administrative and secretarial assistance and produces reports
from a variety of information sources and databases.
- Answers phone and/or in-person inquiries and routes to appropriate staff member if required;
- Sorts and distributes both post and courier incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Prepares, checks and processes standard documents. Maintains filing system, records maintenance and look-up and retrieval if necessary.
- Operates a variety of office equipment, i.e. computers, printers, copiers, facsimile equipment.
- Ensures that office and other areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner and that the required supplies are in stock.
- Completes client file reviews and keep files up to date.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, and among others.
- Has an understanding of the issues that affect the clients such as poverty, mental health, addictions and trauma.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of Grade 12, plus completion of a program of up to one (1) year in secretarial training,
business or office administration.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience will
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, multi-line switchboard, fax, photocopier and
Excellent people and communication skills.
Three years of recent related experience that includes reception and clerical functions is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to type 60 words per minute and operate a PC and related application software programs
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to deal effectively with the public
- Ability to organize work and carry out the duties of the position with independence
- Ability to operate telephone switchboard and other office equipment.
- With at least one year’s relevant work experience in the front-line
- Extensive computer and software skills
- Has knowledge on social assistance services as provided by the Ministry of Social Development
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C, and Dr’s Note of fitness required
- Local Police search and Provincial Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Clearance required
- Must have own vehicle and valid BC driver’s licence
- Satisfactory record of driver’s abstract
Efry actively promotes a program of employment equity and equal opportunity to ensure equal access to employment opportunity for all persons.
- Address 402 E. Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC Canada $ Month