This is a permanent, part-time position based on 15 hours per week. The work schedule is determined in consultation with your supervisor and may vary according to requirements of responsibility. Applicable shifts include a ½ hour unpaid meal break.
Shifts: Saturday and Sunday 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Operational hours of this facility are 24/7
This is a unionized facility.
Permanent part-time employment with The Salvation Army (less than 25 hours per week) will provide you with a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: vacation time, sick days, employer matching RRSP contributions and Christmas Grants.
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all Resident information.
- Register new Residents and complete all required documentation.
- Ensure that Residents understand the rules and regulations of the Centre.
- Accept and record Resident fees and prepare receipts for all monies received.
- Work closely with and carry out tasks assigned to you by your supervisor.
- Be fully knowledgeable of duties associated with front desk.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Support for and an understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation in Canada and the Brantford Booth Centre.
- University/College Diploma in Social Services (preferred) and / or combination of education and life related experience in working with marginalized individuals.
- Current First Aid, CPR, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificates.
- Competent on word processing equipment, such as Windows XP, Microsoft Office, Excel.
- Ability to work with socially disadvantaged people.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and under supervision.
- Provide an original copy of a Background Check with vulnerable sector screening.
- May require screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
- NOTE: Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.