The Sales Associate assists in all areas of the Thrift Store’s operation including: the efficient and effective reclamation, processing or distribution of warehouse goods; provides quality customer service; participation in the maintenance of an effective and attractive display merchandise in order to maximize profitability of the store.
- On call casual
Multiple On Call Positions Available
- Provide positive and courteous service to customers
- Process customer transactions at the sales counter including cash and debit/credit sales ensuring accuracy and in accordance with policies and procedures
- Accurate opening and closing of store procedures when required, including POS terminals and till
- Assist in keeping the general sales floor neat & clean and assure product displays are kept full and are tidy
- Keep stock rotated as per schedule or as directed by supervisor
- Implements store layout plans to attract customers including window displays and merchandise displays; Arrange and display sales items
- Work with volunteers as assigned
- Ensure work stations for volunteers are clear and ready before they arrive
- Receives, sorts, stores and prices donations as per directions and standards
- Process donated items by unloading, sorting, packing, storing, bailing and reloading the donations
- Lifts and relocates bags and boxes to determined areas as required. Assists with heavy lifting as required
- Climbs ladders and stores seasonal product in overhead storage bins
- Separates recycling and garbage, and processes both according to the direction given, including into truck for removal
- Meets assigned daily targets; counts, weighs and record incoming and outgoing donations
- Maintains general cleanliness along with the safety and functionality of warehouse and property in accordance with all safety policies and guidelines
- May operate the forklift to move goods as necessary after sufficient training
- Shares janitorial duties in common spaces such as washroom and kitchen
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- The incumbent will have completed Public School
- The incumbent must have the following experience before hire:
- Up to three months of prior related experience including experiences with warehouse receiving/processing/distribution of goods, and customer service
- Knowledge of lifting guidelines are an asset
- Physical Effort/Dexterity Required
- The performance of the job requires frequently standing for long periods of time, twisting, bending, crouching, reaching overhead, pulling and pushing, kneeling & lifting up to 25 pounds
- Concentration Required
- The performance of the job requires frequent safety awareness and sorting of donations
- Attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality with professional ethics and a balanced sense of fairness and flexibility
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A clean drivers abstract
- Completion of our online Armatus Abuse Training and required Health and Safety training
In support of our commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, The Salvation Army (TSA) has a vaccination requirement for all employees in Canada. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to provincial/territorial human rights legislation. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Human Rights Code, a request for accommodation can be submitted and written proof satisfactory to TSA will be required.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.