10 Positions available
- Temporary – Early Nov 2021 – Mid April 2022
- Various positions between 6:00 pm and 8:00 am.
- Handles the admission, orientation and evaluation of guests
- Performs internal and external security checks
- Consistently demonstrates respect and empathy for all guests
- Monitors the activities of the guests
- Maintains availability for personal, practical and moral support
- Accurately records day-to-day happenings
- Liaises with referral sources and other external agencies as needed
- Coordinates guest care relating to security issues
- Ensures ongoing enforcement of policies
- Performs other assigned duties as required to ensure a safe and secure environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong service ethic and a friendly disposition with the public
- Adaptability to change and frequent interruptions
- Team oriented and able to take initiative
- Minimum on call availability required
- Willingness to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Criminal Record Check
- CPR, First Aid and Non-Violent Crisis Training an asset
- Computer ability
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A clean drivers abstract
- Completion of our online Armatus Abuse Training and required Health and Safety training
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
The Salvation Army requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination. The Salvation Army will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to a medical exemption.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.