Associate, FIU Investigator
Job ID R107573 Updated date 04/14/2021
Location Toronto, Ontario
Associate, FIU Investigator
The associate in this position will work closely with the Law Enforcement Community, Industry Peers, Legal, AML Investigators, and internally with the Fraud Strategy and Operations teams, to identify fraud trends and attacks, provide required information to aid external fraud investigations and implement new fraud defences.
The perfect associate for this position will bring with them a working knowledge of Fraud processes, investigation experience, initiative, data analysis skills, experience working with Law Enforcement, and comfort of working on their own with little supervision. This associate should be comfortable with educational and training opportunities as well as speaking in front of groups to present current investigations and attacks, all while keeping up with regular case loads.
- Accountable to the Fraud Intelligence Unit Leader to hit goals and overall performance – case volumes, turnaround time, detailed investigations
- Communicate to all levels of leadership health, trends and hot topics
- Identify and build cases where Capital One is being victimized in fraudulent activity. Create and keep organized spreadsheets, PowerPoint and case files
- Have the ability to manage current caseload while continually working to find additional cases to refer
- Exhaust all resources to link additional accounts and use knowledge of processes to correctly work these accounts into the case. This includes working with internal data and tools, Fraud Identity team and Transactional team.
- Ability to keep case notes and write up case reports in organized and well thought out manner
- Will work with other Investigators and members of Fraud Strategy team to proactively maximize the protection of Capital One
- Must be able to adapt to quick direction changes to accommodate urgent requests of all types
- Have the ability to identify challenges/issues and direct them to the appropriate person in a timely manner. This will include working side-by-side with data analysts, process managers, other investigators and law enforcement officers
- Recommend, develop and execute process improvement projects
Will also have:
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Strong understanding of all applicable Provincial and Federal laws as they relate to financial crimes
- Excellent Organizational and Time Management skills
- Excellent communication and personal skills needed for marketing casework and obtaining cooperation of others
- Able to work autonomously – be self-sufficient and a self-starter
- Able to multitask and carrying a diverse and complex caseload
- Able to source data using established tools and techniques, and perform analysis of data
- At least 2 years of financial or law enforcement investigative experience
- Proficient with Google Suites tools
- At least 3 years in a Fraud Operations environment
- Experience in SQL and/or related relational database tools – able to work in Snowflake
- Bilingual (French and English)
- BCPIF (Bank Crime Prevention and Information Framework) Certified
- At least 5 years in fraud operations
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected]. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.