The Christmas Kettle Driver provides driving, loading/unloading support to Kitchener Community Church and Family Care Centre during the Christmas season on a temporary basis.
- Assist in the daily activities of Kitchener Community Church and Family Care Centre during the Christmas season.
- Assist the Christmas Kettle Coordinator with delivery and pick-up of kettles to/from sites daily, ensuring the security of donations.
- Assist with pick-up and drop off Christmas toys, from all locations and bring back to warehouse.
- Adhere to drop off/pick up schedule.
- Perform other position related duties as mutually agreed upon.
- This is a temporary position at 30 hours per week.
- Shifts may include days, afternoons, evenings, weekend shifts, and split shifts, Monday through Saturday. Applicable shifts include a ½ hour unpaid meal break.
- Flexibility in scheduling is required, as the hours may increase as per the Christmas Kettle Campaign operational requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Completed High School or equivalent.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” License, personal vehicle require and insurance, current copy of driver’s abstract for review and verification that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, and adaptability.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work independently and manage time well.
- Ability to work as a team member with other staff and volunteers.
- Sympathetic and willing to adhere to the philosophies, policies, and value of The Salvation Army.
- Ability to work under pressure, work efficiently, follow instructions, and think independently.
- Able to work a variety of shift including days, evenings, and Saturdays up to December 24, 2020.
- Ability to represent The Salvation Army positive and professional manner in the community.
- Work in compliance with OH&S Act and Regulations and abide by The Salvation Army’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Honest, courteous, and punctual; represent the organization in a positive, professional, and engaging manner.
- Treat the property of The Salvation Army with due care and caution.
- Attentive listening skills for the purpose of supervision, coaching, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to undergo applicable screening and background checks successfully that are satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion (i.e., The Salvation Army Abuse Registry) and provide an original copy of a Background Check screening.
- Ability and willingness to develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities.
- May require screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.