This is a temporary full-time position based on 32 to 40 hours per week. Shifts will vary but will include days, afternoons and evenings, Monday to Saturday. Includes a ½ hour paid meal-break where applicable. Flexibility is required as it relates to hours of work and scheduling. The Supervisor will set the hours of work and work schedule. Ability to lift/move up to 40 lbs. (18.144 kgs). Some travel is associated with this position.
Normal hours of work: Shifts will include days, afternoons and evenings, Monday through Saturday.
Start Date: December 6, 2021
End Date: December 24, 2021
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Assist in the daily activities of Community and Family Services during the Christmas Season.
- Assist with pick up of food and toy donations from community donors using program vehicle.
- Assist with set up and take down of toy and food Christmas hamper distribution centre.
- Record statistical data in a clear, organized and accurate manner.
- Assist with activities of the food bank, organize, ensure that the food bank is tidy and clean, ensure sufficient stock, sort and process donated goods, process clients through the food bank.
- Assist and support special programs as required, i.e. Christmas Hamper, Christmas Kettles, Food Drive, etc.; ensure that ministry objectives are accomplished and that a spiritual focus is applied to all programs.
- Pickup donations from local grocery stores (food) and toy donations as needed.
- Provide direction, demonstrate work methods and assist volunteers during hamper preparation.
- Work closely with the Corps Officer and CFS Supervisor regarding the Christmas program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education, Qualifications and Certifications:
- Completed Secondary School.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License, own vehicle required and insurance, current copy of driver’s abstract that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required.
- Must provide an original copy of a Background Check that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the national Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment.
- May require screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
Experience and Skilled Knowledge Requirements:
- Minimum of one (1) year of prior related experience working in community-based programs would be a definite asset.
- Proficient in working in a computerized environment; must demonstrate strong skills using Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Power Point.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision but also able to accept direction when necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy work environment.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Lead by example, by demonstrating a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn and be flexible in the face of change.
- Ability to maintain information in confidence and exercise good judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and participate as an active and responsible team member in a cooperative team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, and adaptability.
- Exhibit good listening skills, have strong oral/written communication skills and respect authority.
- Participate in mandatory orientation training and regular supervision.
- Work in compliance with OH&S Act and Regulations and abide by The Salvation Army’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Represent the organization in a positive, professional and engaging manner.
- Must comply with all Salvation Army policies, procedures and associated legislation.
- Treat the property of The Salvation Army with due care and caution.
- Develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.