The Christmas Support Worker provides support to the Kitchener Community Church and Family Care Centre during the Christmas season on a temporary basis.
- Support the CFS Coordinator in the Toy Distribution program.
- Assist with the scheduling and organizing volunteers with the CFS Coordinator.
- Record statistical data in a clear, organized and accurate manner and report weekly to the CFS Coordinator.
- Oversee and participate in the set-up, organization and restocking of the Toy Distribution warehouse.
- Exercise safe and careful material handling procedures.
- May provide assistance in the Kettle Campaign where needed.
- Record statistical data in a clear, organized and accurate manner
- Perform other duties as mutually agreed upon.
- This is a temporary, full-time position at 35 hours per week.
- Start date November 1, 2021
- Shifts may include days, afternoons, evenings, weekend shifts, and split shifts, Monday through Saturday. Applicable shifts include a ½ hour unpaid meal break.
- Flexibility in scheduling is required, as the hours may increase as per the Christmas Kettle Campaign operational requirements.
- Required to wear appropriate Salvation Army identification.
- Local travel may be associated with this position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Completed High School or equivalent.
- Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Related experience is an asset.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, and adaptability.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Reliable transportation to work location.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License and current copy of driver’s abstract that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours which may include evenings and Saturdays.
- Ability to represent The Salvation Army positive and professional manner in the community.
- Work in compliance with OH&S Act and Regulations and abide by The Salvation Army’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Honest, courteous and punctual; represent the organization in a positive, professional and engaging manner.
- Treat the property of The Salvation Army with due care and caution.
- Attentive listening skills for the purpose of supervision, coaching, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to undergo applicable screening and background checks successfully that are satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion (i.e., The Salvation Army Abuse Registry) and provide an original copy of a Background Check screening.
- Ability and willingness to develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities.
- May require screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.