The Salvation Army’s Southview Heights and Terrace is a Senior Residence located in South Vancouver. We are looking for casual Dietary Aides that wish to work in a warm and loving environment. Your job would be to help serve home cooked style meals, in a restaurant like setting. You would be required to assist in food prep, set/clear tables, keep beverage areas stocked and sanitized. You will work as a team with the Cooks and other Dietary Aides, to ensure a smooth, professional delivery of service.
- Able to assist cooks in food preparation (cutting vegetables, peeling, portioning, dishing desserts)
- Work in a restaurant style environment
- Read, understand, and follow duty list and cleaning lists
- Able to organize time for meal service and clean up
- Take direction from Food Services Manager and Cooks
- Understand Assisted Living concept and Independent Living and the difference between the two
- Keep beverage area clean, stocked, and sanitized
- Prepares for next day
- Adhere to all principles and directives of Food Safe in the storage, handling, and preparation of food
- Consistently keep work areas clean and sanitized
- Ensure that meals are served in a professional and polite manner
- Operate all equipment safely as per procedures
- Assist with managing leftovers and clean up at the end of shift
- Notifies Food Services Manager of any concerns with tenants, staff, inventory
- Responsible for making sure items are taken out of freezer or storage prepared in time for meal service
- Perform other related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Certificate in Food Safe Level 1
- Experience in food service, preferably in the service industry
- Excellent oral and communication in English
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to read and implement duties and work routines.
- Able to support the mission statement of Southview Heights and Terrace
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, will be required to provide:
- Criminal Record Check
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A TB Test
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
In support of our commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, The Salvation Army (TSA) has a vaccination requirement for all employees in Canada. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to provincial/territorial human rights legislation. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Human Rights Code, a request for accommodation can be submitted and written proof satisfactory to TSA will be required.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.