135 active jobs
New Directions Community Residential Facility, (CRF) provides residential support to adult male offenders who are conditionally released to the community. The CWII supports the mission of The Salvation Army through positive interactions with clients by fulfilling main reception duties.
- Responsible for maintaining and entering information into logs
- Receives incoming calls
- Communicate conditions of release and CRF guidelines to clients
- To observe and monitor client behaviour
- Monitor security of the facility with the use of security cameras
- To conduct bed checks and wellness checks of clients
- Documenting and reporting occurrences to management and CSC
- To prepare and maintain documentation for client files
- To create, maintain and secure the safeguarding of protected information
- To prepare documentation in compliance with H&S procedures
Perform other duties as required.
FINANCIAL AND MATERIALS MANAGEMENT:
- Responsible for the safeguarding of protected information and equipment
- Enter materials management requirements for this position.
- Performs duties in the community residential facility
- No travel required
- This is a permanent, part-time position based on 15 hours per week. The work schedule is determined in consultation with your supervisor and may vary according to requirements of responsibility. Applicable shifts include a ½ hour unpaid meal break. This is a continuous operation (24/7) facility.
Shifts: Saturday, Sunday, 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of Secondary School Diploma
- Post-secondary studies in Social Services
- Valid, current certification in First Aid & CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working with adults in the criminal justice system in an institutional or residential setting
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong oral communication skills that help to establish trust with clients
- Competent in word processing, including Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel
- Ability to undergo applicable screening and background checks successfully that are satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion (i.e., The Salvation Army Abuse Registry) and provide an original copy of a Background Check with vulnerable sector screening
- Ability to obtain Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance through Correctional Service Canada
- Ability and willingness to develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities
In support of our commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, The Salvation Army (TSA) has a vaccination requirement for all employees in Canada. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to provincial/territorial human rights legislation. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Human Rights Code, a request for accommodation can be submitted and written proof satisfactory to TSA will be required.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.