17 active jobs
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
Mission Statement The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Core Values The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
Assigned tasks are to be completed in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and standards to maintain a high level of quality, service, cleanliness, and safety while performing said tasks. Bethany Home is dedicated to providing a safe, stable, and positive residential setting for female youth in crisis, regardless of cultural and religious diversity.
There are two permanent part-time positions available.
Position 1: Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Position 2: Every other weekend – Saturday and Sunday. 12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
-Provide support to residents in Bethany Home and ensure that their emotional, psychological, and physical needs are met
– Be familiar with program policies and procedures, and must be able to implement these into daily tasks
– Ensure that the environment of the program is supportive, nurturing, and encourages a high degree of resident involvement including decision making
– Be aware of all residents and their activities, and follow through with case plans, expectations, and required programming for each youth
– Responsible for following through with special requests and/or privileges for the residents in accordance to their case plan set by the Ministry of Social Services
– Prepare and present shift exchange to share information with the next shift and provide consistency in the home for all residents and staff
– Care for residents health needs and seek medical attention in a timely manner
– Read and document in necessary logs/files each shift – all documentation should provide objective information including behaviour, attitude, and concerns regarding all activities, events, and visits
– Ensure quality preparation of meals and snacks as required on shift, while maintaining a high level of cleanliness of the eating and cooking areas and recording required items when used
– Cleaning and sanitizing the home and ensuring the safety of the property
-Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with residents, staff, professionals, and members of the public while maintaining confidentiality, fairness, and respect.
-Remain alert and awake at all times throughout all shifts
-On-Call responsibilities as per scheduling
-Other duties as assigned by Program Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
*NOTE: You may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
- The successful job applicant will have completed up to two (2) years of Community College
- Driver’s license with Acceptable Abstract
- Current First Aid/CPR “C”
- Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check (subject to management review)
One year but less than three years of prior related experience including, frontline work in a social services setting (with youth), life skills and experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of typing, filing and computers (Word, Excel, Outlook, program specific software)
- The performance of the job requires keyboarding
- sitting for long periods of time
- occasionally packing client/resident belongings
In support of our commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, The Salvation Army (TSA) has a vaccination requirement for all employees in Canada. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to provincial/territorial human rights legislation. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Human Rights Code, a request for accommodation can be submitted and written proof satisfactory to TSA will be required.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your supervisor of your intentions as soon as you know your application is being considered- normally at the stage where you are being interviewed.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.