SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS SUPPORT
Position: Rising Tide Business Services Coordinator
Organization: Rural Islands Economic Partnership
Location: have lived or worked in BC’s coastal communities or in any of BC’s rural island communities
Rising Tide Business Services is a new initiative of the Rural Islands Economic Partnership Society of British Columbia (RIEP). https://ruralislandspartnership.ca
This initiative is in full alignment with RIEP’s leadership role of helping to build sustainable rural island economies, in partnership with Indigenous Communities, by leveraging the combined economic strength of BC’s 18 + islands, to build a shared, coherent vision and operational plan for community economic vibrancy that generates long-term economic well-being without depleting natural or social resources.
Rising Tide Business Services, will pool demand for cost-effective services designed to meet the unique needs of rural island businesses and non-profit organizations. Rural islanders and RIEP members can access ongoing marketing support and strategic business services to support sales growth and year-round income. The result is strong island economies that preserve the unique cultures and well-being of each of these communities. Rising Tide Business Services includes the Island COMEBACK Marketplace, a program currently serving as an online revenue generation service for rural island small businesses and non-profits.
We are seeking a motivated, client-focused and entrepreneurial individual to join our team who has lived or worked in BC’s coastal communities or in any of BC’s rural island communities. Reporting to the Manager of Business Development & Marketing (the Manager) the Rising Tide Business Services Coordinator will fill a dynamic role in the start-up of this initiative as we strive to support rural islanders in Covid recovery and beyond. The Coordinator will support businesses through the operation of the Online Marketing Help Line that will be a premier resource for rural islanders, providing troubleshooting for online marketing needs and referrals for free and low-cost resources and support. In concert with the help line, the Coordinator will also support the administrative and operational tasks that that will build this initiative into a valuable asset for the sustainability and growth of rural island economies. They will work closely with the Manager to define delivery standards, identify and onboard service experts and ensure client satisfaction in all aspects of the service delivery.
Key Responsibilities: ONLINE MARKETING HELP LINE
- Develop a repertoire of online marketing resources and local supports per business sector to assist rural islanders
- Manage email and telephone inquiries from RIEP membership to support helpline efforts
- Set specific and consistent weekly helpline hours for business support
- Conduct basic research on behalf of Helpline clients and provide solution support via email and phone
- Catalogue frequently asked questions and build database for tracking and monitoring trends
- Support clients by providing sound counsel that will help them to make informed choices about the marketing channels that will best suit their business needs
- Undertake research to assess similar programs and identify market opportunities and recommend customized deliverables within the capabilities of the Program
Key Responsibilities: MARKETING and COMMUNICATIONS
- Support applications and proposals for sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Uphold the Rising Tide communications and marketing plan
- Develop and coordinate the social media plan with the Managerand monitor campaign engagement
- Support business development through strategic marketing efforts developed in concert with the Manager
- Engage with rural island partners and organizations through routine communication to support proactive outreach
Key Responsibilities: ADMINISTRATION
- Identify and execute administrative tasks related to service delivery, such as developing templates and forms to standardize operations
- Maintain database of business and clients and work with Manager to design contact lists as required
- Undertake client satisfaction surveys
- Coordinate engagement and administration of service providers /subject matter experts
- Provide monthly reports on KPI’s for review by Manager
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience working in digital marketing, IT or media management, business development and business operations, or in a not-for-profit environment
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Commerce or Business
Administration or equivalent experience
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google suite and other online project management tools
- Flexible with demands of a start-up business and responsive to emails and calls outside of typical working hours
- Pro-active problem management skill set
- Proven customer service and client relations experience, sensitive to the pressures
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, demanding environment with a high attention to detail and strong organizational abilities
- Candidates must have lived or worked in BC’s coastal communities or rural islands
SALARY & COMPENSATION
This is a 12-month, part-time employment contract, working remotely. Compensation based on experience $26,000/yr, and two weeks paid accrued vacation.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit to Attention: Rising Tide Business Services Position via email to [email protected] with one pdf file including your cover letter (maximum 1 page) and resume (maximum 3 pages) by 5 pm PDT on Friday, April 30, 2021.
To help us with our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesincanada.ca) you saw this job posting.